This job posting has expired
Embedded Software Engineer (C,C++ Linux)
Location : Gurgaon, Haryana
Headquarters : Hanover, Maryland, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
- A software designer is required to aid in the development of a Standalone/Server-based/Web based/Cloud based, network design and engineering application for Real Time Network Planning. This application is developed for Ciena’s leading edge Blue PlanetTM platform. The application will assist customers in the design and development of SONET/SDH, OTN & Optical DWDM networks featuring Ciena’s market leading and pioneering optical products and technologies.
- This application is used to design and deploy Ciena’s Transport, Switching and Packet hardware for Long haul, Regional and Metro networks. The successful candidate will be expected follow a disciplined approach to software development to ensure that the application is delivered with high quality, to the required specifications, and by the required delivery date.
- The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic team of engineers and software designers and will gain firsthand experience developing software on C++ and Linux/VxWorks platform
- Will have an understanding of our product strategy, can follow requirements from Product Managers and contribute to relevant use cases
- Drive the design, development and delivery of features
- Possess sound technical knowledge to deliver customer focused software solutions
- Exercise judgment within area of expertise
- Show leadership as a key engineer/designer and collaborate with the team to deliver software virtualization solutions
- Lead and participate in software architecture, design, development and documentation to deliver high quality carrier grade products
- Required Skills and Experience:3.5 Years -8 Years
- BS/MS in CS/EE or related discipline
- Ability to demonstrate high proficiency in C/C++, Python and networking concepts
- Hands on prior experience in Linux/VxWorks based software development for embedded systems
- Sound knowledge of design principles, data structures and algorithms
- Excellent analytical and problems solving skills to diagnose and resolve customer issues
- Demonstrable self-initiative and “can do” attitude to find and implement solutions for customers
- Possess good/effective verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge or experience with chassis management software is a plus
- Ciena is a network strategy and technology company with a passion to provide an experience, to you and our customers that is as rewarding as the outcome. We attract the best and brightest– those with outstanding talent, motivation, and the right attitude to contribute to our success. Our culture balances our openness and informality with professionalism and trust and is built on the foundation of our core values: Customer First, Integrity, Velocity, Innovation, and Outstanding People.
- Ciena enables everyone to have a voice and a network that supports them while on the journey to discovering their passion and purpose. We trust each individual to do what they can to reach their full potential and make an impact on the business, whenever, wherever they are in the world. With Ciena’s highly innovative, forward-thinking business practices, we reward people for pushing the boundaries. Unlock your potential at Ciena!
- As part of our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we want to foster an environment that values and respects all individual’s strengths, perspectives, ideas, and ability to meet the needs of our customers globally. Ciena values the diversity of its workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status or any other category protected by applicable law. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination.
- Ciena is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise Ciena in a timely fashion of the specific accommodation measures required for you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.