This job posting has expired
63413P-Software Engineer 3
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : Sunnyvale, California, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
This is such an exciting time to be involved in the IT industry. Digital transformation is everywhere, with technologies such as Security, 5G, Automation, and AI/ML driving the next waves of innovation. Juniper Networks is at the heart of this transformation with its industry leading technologies in MACsec Security, machine learning/deep learning areas that will have profound impact on network troubleshooting and helping to solve the most complex issues in connectivity.
Juniper Networks is looking for a Senior Software Engineer lead for its next generation custom-built ASIC and merchant silicon platforms supporting IEEE 802.1AE (MACSec). In this position, you will play an influential role in design and development of MACSec security features to advance the product portfolio towards Juniper’s objectives. Additionally, utilize state of the art AI/ML techniques for anomaly detection and troubleshooting.
- Define high-level design and implementation to achieve maximum development efficiency and velocity, given platform with different custom ASIC family, Merchant Silicon PHY and Operating System.
- Bring together best-in-breed proprietary and third-party technologies (hardware, and software) to achieve product goals
- Incorporate latest developments from standards bodies to achieve interoperable software and hardware interfaces for maximizing operational simplicity.
- Assist with troubleshooting and root cause analysis of problems found, both in-house and escalations from the field
- Use of Juniper router data to develop machine learning models that identify anomalies
- Demonstrate exemplary behavior in following proper engineering processes to manage risks and systematically achieve high product quality
- MS or BS in CS, EE or equivalent.
- 5+ years direct experience working on embedded software systems focused on TCP/IP and/or MPLS Data path programming and device driver development at the hardware/software interface.
- Project Leader experience leading small engineering team
- Must be proficient in: C/C++ programming in multi-threaded environment
- Must have knowledge of Linux networking focused on TCP/IP Socket programming
- Involved in development activities for a range of low-level device drivers that directly control hardware
- Data communication, Inter-process Communication, Scaling and Performance
- Familiar with Test Traffic Generators tools such as Ixia and/or Spirent
Preferred Qualifications:The following Hands-on experience developing software systems with one or more of the following technologies is a Plus
- Experience working with Ethernet PHY device is plus
- Understanding of standard based security product development experience in IPSec, IEEE 802.1X or IEEE 802.1AE (MACSec) is a plus
- IP/MPLS Data-path programming is a plus
- Programming in Python is a plus
- Understanding of machine learning and statistical/mathematical modeling is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analysis skills for extracting elegant solutions out of complex problems
- Strong collaborative skills, including the ability to work well across multi-site Junos engineering team, PLM, hardware engineering, QA, and technical support.
- No Travel requirements for the position