This job posting has expired
Senior Cloud Engineer (Alexa / GVA)
Location : Pune, Maharashtra
Headquarters : China
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Cloud Engineer
Experience : Senior Level
Espressif Systems (688018) is a public multinational, fabless semiconductor company established in 2008, with headquarters in Shanghai and offices in Greater China, India, and Europe. We have a passionate team of engineers and scientists from all over the world, focused on developing cutting-edge WiFi-and-Bluetooth, low-power IoT solutions. We have created the popular ESP8266 and ESP32 series of chips, modules, and development boards. By leveraging wireless computing, we provide green, versatile, and cost-effective chipsets. We have always been committed to offering IoT solutions that are secure, robust, and power-efficient. By open-sourcing our technology, we aim to enable developers to use Espressif’s technology globally and build smart connected devices. In July 2019, Espressif made its Initial Public Offering on the Sci-Tech Innovation Board (STAR) of the Shanghai Stock Exchange (SSE).
Espressif has a technology centre in Pune. The focus is on embedded software engineering and IoT solutions for our growing customers.
About the Role
Espressif’s https://rainmaker.espressif.com/ is a paradigm-shifting IoT cloud platform that provides seamless connectivity to IoT devices to mobile apps, voice assistants, and other services. It is designed with scalability, security, reliability, and operational cost at the centre.
It’s highly desirable that the candidate has earlier experience of working on large-scale cloud product development and understand the responsibilities and challenges well.
We are looking for Senior Cloud Engineers who will be responsible for
- Developing and deploying highly scalable Services on Cloud platforms like AWS.
- Owning the development and deployment of one or multiple services using programming languages like Python, Go, Java.
- Develop and deploy Alexa Skills and Google Voice Action (GVA) actions.
- Integrate the application with multiple third party Identity providers like Google, Apple, etc.
- Implement and optimise various non-functional requirements like Logging, Security, Auditing, Scalability and DevOps.
- Create and maintain API definitions, database schema designs.
- Perform troubleshooting of the services on the Cloud platform and provide support to internal and external stakeholders.
- BE/B.Tech in Computer Science with 4 to 8 years of experience in building Software products.
- Extensive experience in developing products using Python, Java or Go.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals, a very good understanding of Data Structure and Algorithms.
- Good knowledge about authentication protocols like OAuth 2.0
- Experience in developing Alexa Skills or Google Voice Assistant (GVA) actions.
- Hands-on experience in working on Cloud platforms like AWS, Azure or Google Cloud, certifications in one of the Cloud platforms is desirable.
- Experience working with RDBMS or any NoSQL database like DynamoDB, MYSQL, Oracle.
- Experience in developing REST APIs, authentication and authorisation of the APIs.
- Experience in automating the deployments on Cloud using tools like CloudFormation.
- Strong analytical, debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in Linux (or Unix) based environments.
What to expect from our interview process
- The first step is to email your resume or apply to the relevant open position, along with a sample of something you have worked on such as a public GitHub repo or side project etc.
- Next, post shortlisting your profile recruiter will get in touch with you via a mechanism that works for you e.g. via email, phone. This will be a short chat to learn more about your background and interests, to share more about the job and Espressif, and to answer any initial questions you have.
- Successful candidates will then be invited for 2 to 3 rounds of the technical interview as per previous round feedback.
- Finally, Successful candidates will have an interview with HR.
What you offer us
- Ability to provide technical solutions, support that fosters collaboration and innovation.
- Ability to balance a variety of technical needs and priorities according to Espressif’s growing needs.
What we offer
- An open-minded, collaborative culture of enthusiastic technologist.
- Competitive salary
- 100% company paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage
- Frequent training by experienced colleagues and chances to take international trips, attend exhibitions, technical meetups and seminars.