This job posting has expired
Software Engineer II
Location : Nanakramguda, Hyderabad, Telangana
Headquarters : Ireland
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
- The Software Engineer II will be a member of the Engineering R&D team working on the development and support of medical devices.
- Software Engineer II work closely with other members of the engineering staff to provide technical solutions to engineering problems.
- The Software Engineer II will involve in the creation of design document, develop software code, create test plans, and other project artifacts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Adheres to defined software engineering policies, standards and procedures.
- Understand the software design requirements.
- Design, develop, test, debug and implementation of assigned software components, software tools and utilities.
- Demonstrates good coding practices.
- Functions well in a team environment.
- Formulate, deliver and/or manage assigned projects to achieve desired results.
- Deliver initiatives related to new technologies or therapies – from design to implementation using specialized knowledge and skills.
- Makes minor changes in systems and processes to solve problems.
Principal Working Relationships
- Reports to the Sr. Engineering Supervisor/Engineering Manager
- Accountable to Principal or Senior Software Engineer(s) and/or Project Manager(s) for project-related responsibilities
- Communicates primarily with internal contacts within immediate group. Contacts others to gather, confirm and convey information.
- Possible interaction with clinicians, third-party vendors, manufacturers, subcontractors and other users.
- 4-6 year embedded software engineering experience.
- C++ 11 programming experience in firmware development.
- Software development for products or applications or test tools.
- Strong software development experience in C++ using design patterns and templates
- Software unit test development experience using Google test framework
- Knowledge in Protocols (OEM) implementation (application level)
- Should be familiar with microprocessor or micro controller architecture like x86, ARM, TI
- Knowledge in software life cycle in general.
- Hands-on in Object-Oriented Design and Implementation using design patterns and templates.
- Good understanding of multithreading in both, design and implementation
- Experience with projects that require hardware /software interfacing
- Working knowledge in Linux, VxWorks is a plus.
- Knowledge of basic communication protocols like serial and wireless
- Medical instruments development experiences a plus
- Experience with hardware interfaces – I2C, SPI, One Wire
- Networking knowledge
- Good communication skills
- Good team player
- Required: B.E or B.Tech in Computer Sciences, Electronics or Electrical Engineer.
- Preferred: M.E or M.Tech in Computer Sciences, Electronics or Electrical Engineer.
- Demonstrate strong analytical, programming and debugging skills
- Demonstrate strong design and development skills
- Demonstrate strong knowledge on tools and technologies
- Establish trusting relationship with the team and other stakeholders
- Deliver on project commitments.
Long-Term Success Metrics (1 + Years)
- Learn and demonstrate Product and Domain understanding
- Demonstrate solid understand of Software Development Lifecycle
- Consistently deliver on Project commitments