This job posting has expired
Location : REMOTE
Headquarters : Dallas, Texas, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
We are Cambium Assessment, a Cambium Learning® Group company.
As the leader in online testing for K-12 state education standards, Cambium Assessment delivers secure, reliable, and scalable assessment solutions that improve student performance while supporting state education accountability. Through proven technology, research-backed psychometrics, and advanced machine learning, our solutions help reduce test time for students while improving educational outcomes.
We’re looking for smart, creative, and enthusiastic individuals to join our innovative team of data and reporting analysts, test and content developers, psychometricians, and project management professionals.
This Software Engineer will be an integral part of the psychometric team within CAI. The psychometric team has a strong research and statistical background and provides technical oversight on our state assessment systems. The software engineer will support the psychometric team in developing and maintaining custom statistical software written in R. In addition, they will lead the development of prototype software to provide proof of concept of new solutions developed by the team. Much of the work we perform is high-stakes, so the right candidate will have the skills needed to perform unit and regression testing.
- We are comfortable with this person being fully remote within the USA, or based out of our Washington, DC office.
- B.S. in Computer Science and 2+ years professional software development experience or a M.S. in Computer Science
- Experience using R
- Experience using Python
- Capable of managing multiple priorities and meeting aggressive deadlines
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional attention to details
- Ability to work well on a team as well as independently
- Knowledge of statistical methods
- Familiarity with educational assessment data
Why Work With Us?
When you work with Cambium Assessment, you’ll be helping to design and build inspiring solutions that make a real impact on the online testing industry, as well as the educators and students we support.
We currently serve more than 1/3 of U.S. students with numerous patents and industry-standard certifications. In the 2018–2019 school year, we delivered more than 60 million tests to 860,000 simultaneous testers with an average 1/10 second response time. We have the most advanced features of any online testing system, and we continue to push boundaries for student performance measurement.
Our ground breaking work includes:
- Advanced computer-adaptive algorithms
- Mobile support of user interfaces
- Learning management systems with social media features
- Universally accessible user interfaces
- Machine scorable items
To learn more about our organization and the exciting work we do, visit www.cambiumassessment.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer
We are dedicated to fostering a culture that celebrates unique backgrounds, ideas, and experiences. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.