This job posting has expired
Software Development Lead
Location : REMOTE
Headquarters : Hoboken, New Jersey
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
Software Development Lead
Location: Remote, USA
At Wiley, we welcome you for who you are, the background you bring, and embrace individuals who get excited about learning whether online or by book. Learning is for everyone, and so is our workplace. Bring your experiences, your perspectives, and your passion. It’s in our differences that we empower the way the world learns. The team within Wiley is dedicated to transforming the learning journey by embracing mastery based learning models and supporting students and instructors across every phase of the learning process. We need you to help us build and scale the future of adaptive learning for higher education and beyond.
We are looking for a full stack React/Node.js engineer to help us build a unique learning experience.
How you will make an impact:
- Work on a multi-skilled team building scalable, robust systems. Operating in a critical part of the stack designing, building and releasing applications and systems that improve how our customers learn and engage with our educational experience.
- Discover and implement new and improved technologies to solve problems.
- Take ownership of services, customer experience and team responsibility (think full cycle full stack).
- Test driven, continuous integration/deployments into production.
- Work in a multidisciplinary environment with data engineering, data science, product, SRE, etc.
We are looking for people who have:
- Ability to work with and direct global teams.
- 5+ years development in Node.js with a track record of delivering quality results.
- Strong software architecture and design skills using popular Amazon Web Services like DynamoDB, Lambda or Appsync.
- Ability to arrive at cross functional solutions and explain them in technical design documents.
We are in one of the most dynamic periods in our history as technology, globalism and economic diversity create far-reaching changes in the world. As a learning business, Wiley makes meaningful contributions to research discovery and lifelong learning by helping organizations achieve their goals and people achieve success from education through their career. We may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: change with the times and adapt to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers. The company’s headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations in the U.S., Europe, Asia, Australia, and Canada.
Wiley is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants and treat all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or based on any individual’s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Campbell, CA, USA