This job posting has expired
Sales and Design Associate
Location : Lakeway, TX 78738
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Sales/Marketing Executive
Experience : Mid Level
If you love interior home design, enjoy consulting around design and furniture options and you have experience in sales, customer service and design, this role could be perfect for you!
About the Company
Located in Lakeway, Texas, Embellish My Home is family-owned and operated full-service design and furniture store has been committed to delivering the highest level of customer service since 2006. Offering interior design consultations and a unique selection of furniture, accessories, and décor, including a wide variety of window treatments, busy and discriminating clients are able to experience concierge services in a boutique setting.
As a Sales and Design Associate, you'll be a critical team member of the Embellish My Home team and you'll be consulting with clients on interior design, furniture and accessory choices and providing creative and artistic guidance.
To be successful in this role, you must be self-motivated, highly customer-focused, energetic, and goal oriented. You'll work in the company's store showroom and provide consultation and advice to customers, as you come to learn their interests and wishes for what they're hoping to achieve. You will be greeting and working with clients in the showroom as well as meeting with clients in their homes to better understand their style and preferences.
More specifics on what you'll be doing
Your job duties will generally include (but are not limited to):
- Performing daily sales activities, including closing sales, post-sale follow-up, opening and tagging merchandise, providing ship dates, entering data into the POS system, etc.
- Creating a memorable shopping and selection experience for all customers.
- Being an active listener to client’s needs in order to formulate desired solutions.
- Providing clients with unsurpassed service, expertise, and convenience through product knowledge, sales and post-sale follow-up.
- Achieving monthly sales quotas and goals as defined by management.
- Making home visits as needed to provide customers with complete design solutions.
- Building and maintaining a working knowledge of current inventory, specifications, and information through regular product reviews, internal meetings, trade and industry publications, etc.
- Maintaining a professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Organizing, updating and maintaining showroom literature and samples.
- Learning and using the POS system to look up pricing, inventory and availability, customer information, delivery dates, back-orders, etc.
- Answering incoming customer service telephone calls and calling customers to set up deliveries and follow up.
- Helping to maintain the showroom standards for general cleanliness and tidiness and following all store processes and procedures.
- Assisting team lead and other associates with floor set ups when changes are needed.
- Attending sales meetings and trainings.
- High school diploma required; College degree preferred.
- 5+ years of previous experience in interior design and furniture business and retail sales or customer service background required.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Authorized to work in the USA.
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, stoop, reach, climb ladders, and lift light-medium weight (25 pounds) objects (rugs, art, accessories, with help of others).
- Ability to work part-time (approximately 32-36 hours per week) four days per week, Monday to Thursday, and Saturdays. (closed on Sundays.)
- Friendly personality – you enjoy dealing with the public, and you’re optimistic, outgoing, and energetic.
- Deep passion for delivering exceptional customer service.
- Motivated by achieving sales goals through persistence, organization, and follow-up.
- Ability to connect and establish relationships with a wide variety of customers.
- Excellent communication, listening, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively and efficiently.
- Self-motivated and receptive to coaching and learning new products.
- Multi-tasking capability – you’re experienced and comfortable with a fast-paced retail setting.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Ability to learn POS system with basic computer skills in order to access product information available online.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Professional demeanor and appearance – you’ll be required to wear attire appropriate for a retail sales environment at all times during work hours.