This job posting has expired
Embedded Software Engineer
Location : Waterloo, ON
Headquarters : Wilsonville, Oregon, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Embedded Software Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
Teledyne FLIR is seeking a highly talented Embedded Software Engineer to focus on software development for micro-controllers required for low-level hardware bring-up and for a Linux OS that runs on NVidia’s Tegra platform. We are looking for an individual who thrives when challenged, is versatile, self-disciplined, has a proven track record of designing robust solutions and has a voracious appetite for solving problems.
- As an Embedded Software Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Architecting and developing software in C, C++
- Ensuring proper test cases are in place so that bugs introduced are found quickly through automated regression tests
- Working with hardware teams on bring up of new hardware and debugging issues with existing hardware
- Providing manufacturing with the support they need for various manufacturing tests, including built-in self tests.
The minimum requirements we seek:
- This position may have access to export-controlled information or items (i.e. regulated technology or technical data per ITAR/EAR US regulations). Applicants will need to complete a Canadian Controlled Goods Program security assessment application.
- Bachelors or advanced degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering
- Experience in C and/or C++ programming on Linux
- Experience with STM32 micro-controllers
- Experience with CAN, UART, i2c
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, comfortable and confident explaining problems to both hardware and software teams
Our preferred requirements:
- 5+ years of C/C++ software development experience
- Experience with SPI, GPIO, ADC, current/voltage monitors
- Experience with Python, Robot Framework, Unity
- Experience building and developing a Linux BSP
- Experience writing applications for a Linux OS targeting a NVidia Tegra platform
Teledyne FLIR is an equal opportunity employer that does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, gender identity, gender expression, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability.
Teledyne FLIR is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We will endeavor to accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the hiring process. If you require accommodation in completing the application process, or with any portion of the application process or interview please call (519) 489-6726.
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.