This job posting has expired
Team Lead, Software Engineer
Location : REMOTE
Headquarters : Lake Success, New York, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
We are looking for an enthusiastic Team Leader who isn’t afraid to take on big and exciting challenges. As a Team Leader, you will architect and lead the development of Broadridge’s wealth management software. Working in a highly collaborative environment, you will help gather requirements, brainstorm ideas, architect solutions, solve technical issues and strive to deliver products in a timely manner. Together with the Manager, Software Engineering and other Team Leaders, you will be a source of knowledge and contribute to best practices for a highly skilled team of software developers.
Key Job Functions/Responsibilities
Team Leaders are expected to fill two primary roles: they are, first and foremost, leaders and mentors; secondly, they are technical experts in our software.
- Hold scheduled, weekly “one-on-one” meeting with the Software Development Manager to receive their feedback and to advise them of any potential issues with their schedule or work.
- Hold scheduled, daily “one-on-one” meetings with developers to receive their feedback and advise them of any potential issues with their schedule or work.
- Under the supervision of the Software Development Manager, create and maintain a developer training program, including documentation, lessons, and tests on core system components and development standards.
- Responsible for managing/supervising developers to ensure delivery dates are met as scheduled in RTracker and that all work is delivered to QA with zero defects.
- Certify task completion and code quality prior to embedded testing, as well as notify of any potential risk or exposure caused by changes.
- Enhance the productivity of developers by mentoring and training them, by reviewing and supervising their work, and by ensuring that all subordinates adhere to Broadridge’s standards for work and personal conduct.
- As technical experts, Team Leaders write and review internal designs and develop and execute ideas to improve system architecture, design, and performance.
- Team Leaders are not expected to write code, though they may be required to do so in the case of an emergency.
- The primary evaluation criterion for a Team Leader is the training of subordinates who complete assigned tasks on time and with no defects.
- Communication is an essential aspect of the role. Team Leaders must communicate time and quality expectations down to their team members, and they must also communicate technical and deadline issues up to the Software Development Manager and the Director of Development. All communication must be timely to allow for a suitable response to any issues.
- Team Leaders are expected to be team players: intra- and inter-department co-operation fostersmorale and productivity across Broadridge.
- Team Leaders may engage with clients, as necessary, as experts in our systems.
- Review and assist with the delivery of all code patches.
Basic Skill Level Requirements
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related technical discipline and/or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- 1+ year experience leading a software development team
- You are self-motivated and self-directed
- You are excited at the prospect of working on interesting technology with other friendly and enthusiastic developers
- You enjoy coaching and mentoring and helping others grow in their professional abilities
- Good understanding of algorithms and computational complexity
- Experience in writing Software on AWS, Microsoft Azure, or equivalent cloud environments
- Prior experience in scrum/lean/agile environment
COVID-19 has accelerated change across our workplace, including our hiring practices. As a result, throughout your application process, you may be asked to connect with us virtually, and may not be required to meet in-person. Our recruiters will explain how virtual interviews will be held throughout the recruitment process, and they will be able to answer any questions you might have.
We are committed to supporting flexible work arrangements, investing in technology or other resources to enable you to work from home effectively, wherever possible.
At this time the role will start as full-time remote, as all of our associates are working from home. You should have a basic home office set up, high-speed internet, and the ability to work without distractions during core business hours. When everyone is able to return to the office this role will be hybrid, offering the right balance of virtual working and on-site activities (based out of our British Columbia or Ontario office location) for associates and clients as per the specific requirements of each role.
Accessibility & Accommodation
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace ensuring that equal employment opportunities are provided to all individuals, regardless of race, colour, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, creed, age, disability, religious affiliation, or national origin or citizenship. If you require any accommodations during the recruitment process, please notify our recruitment team.