This job posting has expired
Location : REMOTE
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
With over 12,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of the Microsoft end-to-end customer experience. This newly expanded organization reflects the Microsoft ambition to be known as a customer experience company, ensuring our Microsoft mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more is enabled by delighting customers and consistently exceeding their expectations in every interaction through a connected customer experience.
As an Embedded Escalation Engineer (EEE), you will be an important member of the Customer Service and Support (CSS) Data and Enterprise Cloud Support Engineering Team and a virtual member of the Azure SQL MI Product Group with the following key responsibilities:
- Lead engineering investigations to bring quicker issue resolution to support incidents impacting our customers and improve customer experience.
- Build solutions, help create tools, help automate issue detection and diagnosis, to enable customers or support to self-resolve the issues.
- Identify emerging trends or re-occurring escalation scenarios and drive engineering opportunities to mitigate and/or eliminate them from the workflow. This can include a range of potential work item categories; such as self-healing mechanisms, self-serve, transparency, automation, and/or increasing the capabilities for Azure support.
- Contribute to product improvements by filing impactful bugs, design change requests and helping developers to fix and ship them to production, preventing customers from being impacted.
- As a trusted advisor to the Microsoft Azure engineering team and the Serviceability Technology Lead, you will suggest changes to future versions to better equip our support teams as well as our partners and customers and help influence in-market solutions today.
- As a customer ambassador, you will also partner with engineering leadership for strategic technical, architectural and design discussions, and drive strategic thought leadership for Azure Diagnostics/UDE tools creation and usage worldwide bringing the customer voice to the center of impactful decisions. These strategic areas of focus will target our highest impact pain points for our partners, customers and team members.
- Able to work well in challenging situations while exhibiting flexibility and ability tolerate and manage through ambiguity and uncertainty.
- At least 3 years of experience in a customer-facing or support role in any of the following: technical escalation support, product support, developer support, IT Devops, IT Admin/support, Systems Development, or Consulting or IT/Network Operations.
- Experience in a Tier 2/3 environment is preferred
- BS in computer science or engineering or equivalent industry experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of SQL Cloud and in particular Managed Instance
- Microsoft Azure Platform:
- Cloud Computing
- Microsoft Azure architecture and its components (Fabric, Compute, Storage, RDOS, Management Portal)
- Microsoft SQL Server and Power BI:
- Strong networking capabilities
- Familiarity with development: tools, language, process, methods, troubleshooting
- Superior problem solving and troubleshooting skills, an ability to use various data collection tools and methodologies to analyze problems and develop solutions
- Experience with C#, .NET, PowerShell, CLI, Microsoft Azure, T-SQL
- Service engineering and/or DevOps experience at internet scale involving user data and/or software development for an enterprise level product
- Passion for technology and customer supportability
- Leadership - handle technically challenging and politically hot customer situations
- Strong communications skills - excellent spoken and written English communication skills and the ability to present complex technical issues clearly and concisely to a general audience
- Ability to drive meetings and discussions remotely with authority
- Ability to develop and nurture relationships over long distances and remote technologies like Skype
- Ability to partner within virtual teams and execute multiple technical initiatives simultaneously
- Ability to work collaboratively with the Engineering teams to drive architectural changes to improve stability of environments
- Ability to prioritize core role responsibilities vs. other work requests received
- Logical and critical thinking
- Ability to deal with ambiguity under continual deadline constraints
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.