This job posting has expired
Firmware Validation Engineer (SK)
Location : Vancouver, BC
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Firmware Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
This position is associated with the sale of Intel’s NAND memory and storage business to SK hynix (You can read more about the transaction in the press release - https://newsroom.intel.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/11/2020/10/nand-memory-news-q-a.pdf). The transaction will enhance the resources and potential of the business’ storage solutions, including client and enterprise SSDs, in the rapidly growing NAND Flash space amid the era of big data.
This is an exciting time to be at Intel – come join our team as a Software Engineer and work on one of the most advanced 3DNAND and SSD technology portfolios in the world. As the global leader in the semiconductor industry, Intel possesses many industry-leading SSD technologies including the most capable Quadruple Level Cell (QLC) NAND Flash products. As a Software Engineer, you will be part of a world-class team that will transition to lead the SSD business at SK hynix.
Candidates being hired for Phase 1
This position aligns to Phase 1 of the transaction, which includes the 3DNAND enterprise and client SSD business. Phase 1 is expected to close in late 2021, subject to regulatory approvals and other customary conditions. At deal close, all employees aligned to this phase of the transaction will transition to SK hynix.
Intel is currently seeking Firmware Validation professionals to join a growing team working on validating next generation Solid State Disk (SSD) solutions within our Non-volatile Memory Solutions Group. In this position:
- You will join a fast-paced team developing new validation software for Intel Solid State Drives (SSD).
- You will utilize and grow your experience in validating architecture, external interfaces, and product constraints, along with validating architectures/features that meet these constraints while providing new value for the platform.
- You will design, develop, and verify validation software and tests in an embedded systems environment and review and maintain the validation ecosystem utilizing Python/Perl/C/C++.
- You will use and gain experience in storage interface standards such as SATA, SAS, PCIe, and NVMe.
- The team utilizes the Agile development methodologies, therefore, excellent communication skills and working closely with team members, both locally and across the organization is required.
- Develop, review, document, and maintain source code in Python/C/C++. Analyze and develop validation tests for internal and external (customer) specifications.
- Define, develop and implement firmware validation test plans and test content with deep comprehension of firmware algorithms and customer specifications.
- Integrate tests into an automated test environment and collaborate with test execution teams to drive validation plans/strategy.
- Review, track and document test results and failures.
- Triage failures, recommend and/or implement solutions.
- Work closely with internal teams such as ASIC and firmware development to drive resolution of firmware and system bugs.
- Identify opportunities for improvements, and drive improved validation methodologies within the team.
- Work with project stakeholders to turn product requirements into development and validation plans.
- Participate in and role model an Agile/Kanban development culture which emphasizes product quality, team accountability, and continuous improvement.
- Coordinate priorities and activities with other engineering stakeholders to accomplish committed milestones.
- Listen, understand and respond professionally to partner questions and issues while building trust
- Written and presentation skills
A history of self-starting and effective multitasking, with strong influencing and leadership skills
The below minimum qualifications must be met to be considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
The candidate must have a bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or a related field.
5+ years of experience in the following areas:
- Software or firmware development in an embedded systems validation environment
- Programming in Python/C/C++
- Developing, reviewing, and implementing test plans
- Software validation concepts and coverage analysis tools
- Developing unit tests for code coverage and quality validation
3+ years of experience in the following areas:
- Storage Industry (SSD's or enterprise storage)
- Validation development techniques utilizing hardware and firmware tools in both Linux and Windows
- Commercial product development/validation environment
- Structured software development and practices, analytical problem solving, innovation and a mindset of continuous improvement
- Enterprise storage interface protocols (e.g., NVMe, PCIe, SATA, and SAS)
- SSD or enterprise storage device security protocols and techniques (e.g., Opal, ESSC, and AES)
- Software/firmware development processes including workflow and continuous integration validation
- DevOps process strategies, tools and execution, from code check-in through Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Project planning, estimation, and risk management
- Customer requirements definition, clarification, and technical assessment
- Rolling up status updates to senior management and product managers and influencing skills to remove roadblocks to deliver commitments
Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group: The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing.Intel is committed to a culture of accessibility. Intel provides accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Find information and request accommodation here