This job posting has expired
Location : Vancouver, BC
Headquarters : Jersey
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
We are an emerging global cleantech leader; well-funded with category-leading technology. Our culture is collaborative, entrepreneurial, and one in which speaking up is encouraged and ideas are chosen on merit not who they come from.
People love working at Invinity because we know we are empowered to make a meaningful impact. We’re small enough that every team member plays a critical role in our daily business, but large enough that the batteries we build are being deployed at significant scale in landmark clean energy projects around the world.
Whether you are a cleantech veteran or looking to make a career shift, Invinity offers you a chance to work as part of an expert team located across multiple geographies, aligned in our mission to build a sustainable energy future.
Invinity is committed to providing equal opportunities in the workplace and follows a comprehensive Equal Opportunities Policy to ensure all employees are valued and can reach their full potential.
As the world transitions to a renewable energy future, large-scale energy storage systems are required to bridge the gap between intervals of renewable energy production. Invinity Energy Systems, listed on the London Stock Exchange, is the leader in vanadium flow batteries, a proven technology addressing the global demand for energy storage.
Invinity is seeking a Controls Engineer to join its software team, responsible for developing the software applications needed by Invinity’s energy storage products. From developing cutting-edge algorithms, to developing rock-solid interfaces, this role will touch on all aspects of our system. This role seeks a candidate that has in depth experience controlling complex industrial systems with software applications. Someone who understands the necessity of robust software applications and the rigour that is required to achieve. You’ve developed controls systems responsible for interacting with various internal and external systems and understood how to abstract them to ensure scalability.
- Develop software applications responsible for the control of Invinity’s products.
- Work closely with others within Invinity responsible for architecture, electronics, and embedded firmware to define the requirements for the overall controls system.
- Create and maintain technical specifications and other internal documentation necessary to support implementation, testing, and deployment of software applications.
- Code and test applications within the overall software platform.
- Participate in design reviews and implementation code reviews.
- Create and conduct verification activities related to developed control software.
- Define the standard APIs for Invinity’s products that will serve the deployment and integration with external systems (PCS, EMS, etc.).
- Provide technical support to customer operations team when required to troubleshoot field deployed systems.
- Maintain and optimize code base in accordance with Invinity’s source control and configuration management policies and procedures.
- 5+ years of experience developing software responsible for control of complex systems.
- At least two years of experience coding and debugging industrial control applications (LabVIEW or similar) for commercial or near-commercial products.
- Strong overall coding proficiency, with experience working in C, C++, C#, Python, or similar
- Knowledge and experience working in a structured software development process.
- Experience creating technical software specifications for complex systems.
- Broad understanding of APIs, software abstraction and standardization.
- Technical diploma or engineering degree in applicable engineering field (Controls, Systems, Mechatronics, Automation, etc).
- Proven self-motivation and ability to thrive in a dynamic and collaborative environment.
- Well-honed problem-solving skills, including use of structured tools.
- Eligible to work in Canada
- Experience developing industrial control systems in energy systems such as energy storage, renewables, and power generation.
- Familiarity with Linux and cloud-based environments
If the idea of building a world-class development team and helping the world transition to renewable energy is exciting to you. If being a part of a dynamic, global company where the team works with passion but not ego sounds appealing, Invinity may just be where you belong.