This job posting has expired
Software Engineer (Front-end) - Co-op
Location : Vancouver, BC
Headquarters : Vancouver, Canada
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
- Spend your days making a difference, not just working for a living. At Galvanize, we help our thousands of customers in countries all over the world make a direct impact every day. We do that by creating security, risk management, compliance, and audit software that uncovers fraud, waste, and abuse in their organizations.
- Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, with an award-winning culture, and a global presence. We work with the best customers and coworkers, tackling strategic business challenges and building awesome careers. Our Values are Customer Intensity, Embracing Ambiguity, and Authenticity, and they influence everything we do.
- As a Front-end Software Engineer (Co-op), you will be embedded with the UX design team to learn about UI development, the user experience and many different aspects of product development. You will take what you learned about coding and build on top of those skills to create thoroughly tested, well designed, easily adaptable, and beautiful software that other developers will crush on. You will work closely with UX developers, UX designers, senior engineers, leaders and a supportive team that values learning and growth. Check out a blog post from former co-op student Gallant Tang over on our build blog
- Come join us as we look for two students to join us in September 2021 for a 4 month term!
What you will be doing:
- You will take part to ensure our customers are getting the best experience from the code that we write through automated testing.
- You will learn about the user experience, usability and software accessibility.
- You will participate in peer code review, pair programming, and design sharing sessions to maintain and grow our knowledge and quality standards.
- You will work with our open-source UI library.
What we are looking for:
- You have experience creating your own web application and understand web protocols.
- You understand what objected-oriented programming means and experience with more than one
- programming language.
- You believe in continuous learning, are self-driven to learn new things, and share your ideas and
- You have a link to your code repository (Github, BitBucket, GitLab, etc.)
- Njce to have: You are interested in one or more of the following: Visual and user experience of the application design, automate and manual software testing, or technical writing
- You’ll tackle unique challenges and face the unknown often, supported by an amazing team who really want you to succeed.
- Your growth opportunities are endless. From professional development to job shadowing, we’ll work with you to make your career goals happen.
- You’ll become part of a greater community. We believe in mentorship, supporting students to explore opportunities in STEM, and many other important causes.
- You’ll be paid well and enjoy great benefits, paid days off to volunteer in your community, relocation opportunities to our international offices and other perks to keep your mind and body healthy.
- Thanks for your interest! Apply at wegalvanize.com/careers. Once we’re reviewed your application and determined it’s a match, we’ll reach out with next steps. Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- We invite you to check us out on wegalvanize.com, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- Galvanize welcomes applications from all candidates who meet our job requirements. Galvanize does not discriminate based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, disability, genetic characteristics or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted or a record suspended.