Embedded Software Engineer
Location : Cambridge, MA 02139
Headquarters : Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Embedded Software Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
What you'll do:
- Help build our next generation technology by writing code (predominantly in C and python) for embedded targets that service motor control, battery management, and system communication and control.
- Contribute your knowledge and wisdom to the team's development processes and software best practices.
- Collaborate closely with the embedded hardware team to specify module and system requirements and design.
- Design and document software interactions between system modules, cloud services, and mobile applications.
- Contribute to a software quality plan including testing, inspection, and certification.
- Work closely in a small team where personal interactions are critical to timely decision-making and knowledge sharing.
- Participate in ideation for future products and features.
What you'll bring:
- MS/BS CS/EE with 0-4 years of industry experience developing embedded software systems
- Strong fundamentals in embedded C on real-time platforms
- Experience developing software for commercial use
- Familiarity with software product life cycles, including the support of fielded products
- Experience implementing low-level chip functionality and drivers (CAN, I2C, SPI, USB, bootloaders) for embedded systems
- Experience with scripting languages (python, bash)
- Experience with revision control systems (Git)
- Ability to write PC host-based tools and applications to develop, debug, and test embedded systems
- Experience in embedded robotics, motion control applications, or IoT communications
- Software regulatory experience
- Experience with Bluetooth, GPRS, LTE and other telecoms standards
- Electric vehicle experience
- Assembly language skills
- Competitive benefits with company subsidized medical, dental, vision & disability insurance and a 401k plan.
- Generous time off policy.
- On the job training with a leadership team that is committed to growth and development of all employees.
- A team of awesome, like-minded, driven people that support each other, and mentors from across the top echelons of industry.
- The chance to have your voice heard and help shape Superpedestrian’s future.
- Equity in a fast growing company.
- A commitment to an actively anti-racist environment.