The PTC Cloud Applications Engineer delivers business solutions for Cloud customers and drives continuous improvement in Cloud processes. The Application Engineer executes environment provisioning & installation, executes customer Service Requests and performs pro-active maintenance of Cloud hosted environments. That includes application hardening, patches, performance tuning and covers but is not limited to performance, reliability & compliance. This person will also work closely with Cloud Engineering to support New Service Introduction (NSI) process and adoption of new technologies & offerings and strategically develops and executes solution roadmap that aligns to business strategy.
This job is a perfect opportunity for candidates who want to get exposure to IoT and Cloud domains and want to explore their knowledge as IoT-Cloud consultant
PTC Cloud support team is a growing team with tons of opportunities and learning avenues opened for an enthusiast. This team takes care of all the non-prod and prod-changes, maintenance activities, etc. related to the application and the systems.
- Work in 24x7 environment – Weekend execution will be required and will be scheduled with rotational shifts
- This role involves some interaction with the customer during Service Request execution
- Provisioning of new environment and installation of IoT Applications aligned with customer needs
- Execute Customer Service Requests on the Cloud environments (restarts, installations, administration activities)
- Execute Proactive maintenance activities of Cloud environments (including application hardening, patch deployments, and performance tuning.
- Maintenance of existing Automations to support new point releases, and bug fixes
- Collaborate with other Cloud teams including Engineering and Portfolio to support NSI process, and Cloud enablement of new offerings and technology
- Proactively escalate to Application Manager any situation that may lead to customer dissatisfaction or impact on the quality of the deliverables
- Proactively identify & propose improvements area in the process, tools & organization to better achieve team objectives (Continuous Improvement)
- Monitor the Service Request and ensures that all Service Requests are responded to as per the defined SLTs
- Cloud point of contact for escalations & prioritizations related to Provisioning & Service Requests
Must have skills
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Engineering / Computer Science
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Ability to adapt & contribute to continuously evolving environment
- Comfortable to communicate with customers
- Ability to prioritize and orchestrate team activities to meet deadlines
- Strong diagnostic and Troubleshooting Skills
- Strong motivation to learn new technologies
- Flexible, detail oriented and organized with the ability to multitask and work independently
- Proficient in working with Linux Operating Systems Administration & shell scripting
- Knowledge of Distributed Architecture
- Understanding of web technologies like Apache and JBOSS
- Good understanding of Public Cloud (AWS, Azure)
- Experience of IoT Platform – Thingworx, Axeda, IOT Hub is a plus
- Experience of Java based application administration is a plus
- Awareness/Experience using a Ticketing System like Salesforce or Service Now is a plus
PTC Company Description
PTC unleashes innovation with award-winning, market-proven digital solutions that enable industrial companies to differentiate their products and services, improve operational excellence, and increase workforce productivity. In combination with an extensive partner network, PTC provides customers flexibility in how its technology can be deployed to drive digital transformation – on premises, in the cloud, or via its pure SaaS platform. At PTC, we don't just imagine a better world, we enable it.
Why Join Us and Benefits Summary
When looking for a new job, we know you are looking for something that aligns with your values, passions, dreams, and lifestyle. Our team is passionate and committed. We are driven by innovation and value our work-life balance. Check out what it’s like to work at PTC at #lifeatPTC. We believe that diversity of experience and background leads to better ideas and a stronger company. We encourage everyone to bring their unique perspectives to our team. We take a holistic view of the employee experience and provide you with what you need to take care of your health, your wealth, your well-being, and your career. PTC benefits are among the most competitive in the industry. While your salary is the major component of your compensation, you also receive a competitive benefits package including: • Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match • Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) • Healthcare and Dental insurance • Paid Time Off and Sick Time • Birthday Day-off • Tuition Reimbursement (Canada, India, Israel, US) • Holiday Pay • Employee Referral Program • Management and Employee Training Development • Other Regional-specific Benefits All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.