This job posting has expired
Software Engineer II
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : Cork, Ireland
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
The Software QA Lead will provide guidance to ensure the quality of our team’s systems, applications, and data. The Software QA Lead reports to the Software Applications Engineering Manager. We are looking for a software QA professional who is enthusiastic about software quality and has the ability to develop test plans for a variety of software architectures including desktop CAD products, Web applications, IoT products, and Mobile apps. The Software QA Lead must also have the soft skills required to coordinate testing across various internal teams following a designed test plan and testing process.
- Develop, execute test procedures and test cases for new and/or existing products.
- Design, develop, and perform smoke test, functional, and regression testing through manual testing processes to ensure product changes and features have been implemented successful.
- Review product requirements and design specifications for preparing/conducting system level testing.
- Generate comprehensive defect reports using defect tracking tools and liaise with software development.
- Be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Coordinate testing activities with various internal testing resources and SMEs, setting up testing plans and test cases ensuring they follow a defined testing process
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing and release activities
- Develop a deep understanding of our products with the ability to detect defects
- Proactively seek out tasks and take ownership to improve software QA quality and processes including automated testing practices
- Manage test cases and process using test management tools, Azure DevOps preferred
- Be the champion for test automation with ability to design and implement automated testing strategy
- 6+ years of industry software QA experience for a cloud-based and Mobile products
- Ability to create test plans, define testing strategies, and identify high risk areas
- Deep understanding of the latest web technologies, testing processes, tools, cloud deployments, protocols
- Experience building test and staging environments
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with manual testing of desktop applications a plus
- Experience testing CAD, Graphics, or IoT applications a plus
- Experience in managing black box and white box testing
- Experience with SQL databases
B.S. in Computer Science or a related field
Primary Location: IN-Karnataka-Bangalore
Organization: Building Technologies & Solutions