Lead Engineer - IoT
Location : Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Headquarters : Aarhus N, Aarhus, Denmark
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
Quality Improvements and Processes > Product Verification & Lifecycle Mgmt > PLM Development India
Power Solutions is where new product ideas and technologies are being developed, matured, tested, and improved. We, PLM Development India in Vestas Power Solutions are the cornerstone of Vestas - We are shaping the future of modern products. Our team is heterogeneous with various functions, competency, expertise, and diversity. A lot of opportunities are available for new learnings and to gain solid core knowledge of throughout value chain in Vestas.
- This position will support as Vestas' key developer on IoT and function as a technical lead for IoT focused research development
- Responsibilities include supervising deliverables to a mix of projects to both internal and external partner
- Working closely with Business Developers to provide the technical oversight and leadership to IoT R&D projects
- This candidate will provide thought technical skills in the IoT domain and integration between an array of systems including SAP, PTC products, MS SQL and other enterprise systems
- 5+ years' experience in as software engineer or development in qualified areas
- Bachelors of Science Degree in a science or technical field such as engineering, software development, or computer science
- Solid background and understanding of the IoT environment to include commercial IoT platforms and technologies
- Experience integrating multiple systems and technologies
- Azure SQL Database, Azure Service Bus, Azure Active Directory, Azure App Services and Azure Branding for cloud services
- Databases: MySQL, SQL Server (2008-2012), MongoDB, PostgreSQL
- Devices and OS : Google Glass, Vuzix M300, Arduino, Node-MCU, Raspberry Pi, Intel Galileo Gen2, Android, Ubuntu, Windows
- knowledge in Machine Learning, Blockchain, Kafka, JSON, XML Parsers, OCR etc
- Engaged application of API development REST SOAP and JSON
- Solid foundation in advanced mathematics, 3D graphics principles and rendering algorithms
- Experience with Azure, Flow, SharePoint ThingWorx, Unity, SAP, Apriso, and SCADA
- Experience with embedded or real-time operating systems, or driver/kernel development
- Knowledge of product lifecycle management or engineering background
- Engaged experience with common data structures and design patterns
- Knowledge of mobile development
- Familiarity with material, texture, bootstrap, or material design
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Great attitude, with emphasis on programming relevant skills with an ability to work effectively and effectively in a collaborative, team oriented environment
- Creativity, self-belief, and flexibility
- Natural ability to work effectively in a time-sensitive setting and meet tight deadlines
What We Offer
We offer an exciting job with good opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring, innovative, ever-growing, and international work environment in the renewable energy sector. We highly value initiative, responsibility, and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions. You will be a part of a professional international office and organization. You will have exciting global career opportunities in a department that is continuously developing.
Your primary workplace will be Vestas India, Chennai
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 16th July 2021
Vestas is proud to be the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Vestas strives to be the most inclusive workplace in the sustainable energy industry and ensure equal opportunities for everyone regardless of the social identity. We are stronger as a company not despite our differences, but because of them, both professionally and personally. Beyond a diverse workforce, we want to ensure that all of our employees are included and actively contributing to Vestas’ success and innovation. Only then can we become the global leader in sustainable energy solutions and ensure sustainability in everything we do.
At Vestas, we offer global opportunities for people with growth mindsets and the desire to make a shared and positive impact. We work in the true spirit of our corporate values: accountability, simplicity, collaboration, and passion. We expect everyone to live up to these in their day to day work – no matter what you do and where you are in the organisation.
Learn more about Vestas at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels.