Software Engineer I
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
If you believe your education and experience are in line with the position description and qualifications referred to above, and are motivated, energetic, and looking for a new and exciting opportunity, please submit your resume online at the URL below or at www.beckmancoulter.com.
This position is for Beckman Coulter team located at Danaher India Development Center (IDC), Bangalore
IDC is a research and development center with the vision of accelerating product roadmaps across various Danaher business segments. Started in 2014, the center now hosts 500+ associates, for multiple Danaher operating companies focusing on Diagnostics, Life Science, and Environmental and Applied Science segments. The operating companies includes Beckman Coulter, Radiometer, Leica Biosystems, Danaher Digital, Hach, Leica Microsystems, Sciex, IDBS, HemoCue, Videojet and Cepheid.
The IDC workforce comprises of various product engineering teams, working on development of software and hardware components of cutting-edge products for, Immunoassay, Chemistry, Hematology, Molecular diagnostics, Oncology, Neurosurgery and Water Quality. IDC has evolved as center of excellence for Cloud and data analytics, with significant contributions to the key informatics solutions. The teams consist of highly hardworking software & hardware engineers and development managers. The teams are supported by local Product managers, Quality & Regulatory and Intellectual property specialists.
The inhouse teams works in close coordination with other global R&D centers at US, France, Germany, Japan, Australia, Denmark and Sweden. Located at the center of Bangalore IT HUB, IDC is housed at state of art facility, measuring 120 K
The position of Staff Engineer, Verification reports to the Senior Manager R&D, WITS BU with the primary responsibility to guide and setup automation testing platforms for products across cloud and data platforms.
The Beckman Coulter DxONE Insights is the analytics platform hosted in cloud which helps customers to run the labs efficiently. The incumbent designs, develops, and executes test cases and procedures; implements innovative and effective test designs and ensures appropriate test coverage; and, participates in finding opportunities for test automation and develops automated test suites.
- Infrastructure Setup, Monitoring, Maintenance and Scale up for Beckman Coulter cloud-based application on AWS/Azure
- Understand, implement, and automate security controls
- Provisioning of Servers, Network, Storage, Firewalls, Load Balancers, OS hardening on AWS/Native and concepts in Software Development field.
- Deployment of software services on the cloud
- Implement and manage continuous delivery systems and methodologies on AWS
- Writing scripts / use tools to automate the deployments
- Creating deployment cook books for the use of software developers
- Monitoring of uptime, performance, security, utilization of resources to ensure high availability, fast performance, good security in AWS/Private Cloud
- Troubleshooting, Diagnosis and Fixes of issues in cloud infrastructure and deployed applications.
- Supports development of project plans, including scope, budget, schedules and risk management.
- Ability to create and instantiate AMIs, scalability of applications
- and environments, setting up or modifying new instances, high availability/DR, performance, multi-region strategy and implementation
- Help field engineers in troubleshooting connectivity issues with the IOT instruments/devices
- CI/CD build pipeline with Jenkins and other tools.
- Must be able to communicate in English, both written and verbal.
- Ability to travel as needed (minimal).
- Social skills to effectively collaborate with vendors and customers. Good to have:
- Experience working on cloud applications
- Understanding of software development processes for a regulated environment (FDA/ISO13485) and experience in medical device verification is a plus
- Awareness to set up complete software testing environment using DevOps practice in the Cloud (Azure\AWS, etc)
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need hardworking people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and bring value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team!
Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive. Equal Opportunity Employer