Software Development Engineer
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
In this position, you will work alongside other SDETs and Developers to design, test, and support components that ship to a very large customer base. You will be also responsible for producing automated test harnesses to test that functionality behaviour matches a specification.
You are expected to have a good understanding of the complete development lifecycle and internals of the Cloud Technology. Delivering on tasks relating to feature development and QA, infrastructure, tools, and release deliverables, this position represents an excellent career growth opportunity.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
- You will be given the responsibility of ensuring the quality of the end to end feature deliverable.
- You will have to quickly understand the feature, come up with useful test cases covering the critical paths of the software.
- You will carry out manual test execution and find meaningful bugs.
- You will define detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases which are streamlined for automation
- Will be responsible for creating, maintaining and executing automated test scripts (using Python)
- Write code to test production code with a goal of writing robust, reliable and repeatable tests that find issues early
- Plan, design, develop, verify, and maintain automated and manual test suites
- Contribute to existing tools, automation frameworks, and related solutions
- Increase product automated test coverage and improve the release quality
- Analyse product, system and feature designs for flaws and improvements
- Provides technical input for product sub-system, application research, design, analysis, testing, process improvement, and troubleshooting.
- Peer review code changes to portions of the product and test source code
- Validate and verify customer-facing features, end-to-end, across the product platform
- You will use your experience in agile development/testing practices, and risk-based testing to ensure efficient release testing
- Help development team with test setups and debugging customer issues.
- You have at least 3-5 years of experience in manual testing and developing software test automation for enterprise grade software.
- Have written elaborate test plan and carried out functional, system and performance testing.
- Experience in python (2.7 & 3) is must.
- Understands Python Advanced Concepts (like, Decorator, Iterator Design Pattern, JSON Encoding & Decoding, Python Request Module)
- Familiarity with Database technologies (Mysql, Crate, Postgres)
- Have worked on cloud technologies, knowledge of Clusters/Containers, Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, GCP, Azure will be an added advantage.
- Tech-savvy who can quickly adopt to technological changes.
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.