Associate MTS, Applications
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : San Jose, California, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
Job Description Summary:
- Designs, develops, modifies and evaluates electronic parts, components or integrated circuitry for electronic equipment, or other hardware systems and/or electrical engineering applications. Determines design approaches and parameters. Analyzes equipment to establish operating data, conducts experimental tests and evaluates results. Selects components and equipment based on analysis of specifications and reliability. May also review vendor capability to support product development.
- Maxim is seeking an entry-level Applications Engineer to support assigned IC products through the full product life-cycle. Assignment may be in Maxim’s industrial, medical, communications, automotive, or mobility solutions groups. In this Position, as a part of Maxim’s Core Products’ Application Engineering group, you will be responsible for Development and Testing of Reference System build and evaluation in Standard Power Electronics product line.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Develop product evaluation kits and system reference design boards
- Board design planning
- Manager schematic and layout creation
- Performance optimization and characterization
- Conduct all testing required for new product introduction creating new test methodologies
- Collecting data for datasheets and release notes and collating results with design and test engineers
- Provide technical support to key customers and field engineers
- 1+ years of experience in the field of power electronics product design.
- 1+ yrs of relevant experience preferably from Semi-con’s Apps Engineering/ Ref System development and deployment for a given customer/ strategic apps requirement or generic EvKit Build team
- Understanding of transistor-level circuit design
- Strong written and verbal communication skill
- Comprehensive knowledge of basic power supply topologies such as Buck, Boost, Buck-Boost and LDOs.
- Should be conversant in simulation/ design tools such as PSPICE, SIMPLIS, MATHCAD.
- Ref System design, development, testing and debug skills with ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Candidate should possess a Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree in EE stream of Engineering with a good knowledge of Power Electronic Systems/ Circuits
Work Experience:Non - Manager
Pay Rate Type:Salary
Eligible for Relocation:No
Eligible for Work Visa Sponsorship:No
This position may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations; including but not limited to US Government International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), US Export Administration Regulations (EAR), or US Treasury Regulations. If required, placement is contingent on Maxim’s ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.
Maxim is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.