Location : Indore, Madhya Pradesh
Headquarters : Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Network Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
Position Type :Full time
Type Of Hire :Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :Bachelor of Information Technology
Travel Percentage :0%
- Performs device configurations, internal operating system upgrades and software upgrades and deploys network devices including routers, switches, load balancers and firewalls.
- Follows documented network services processes and procedures – identifies gaps in processes or documentation and suggests improvements.
- Monitors, responds and provides resolution for all network problem and incident tickets.
- Utilizing case management system (CMS), documents status updates and problem resolutions.
- Performs customer service duties and responds to customer requests as defined by management.
- Responds to customer requests as defined by management completing assignments in a timely manner with an acceptable level of quality.
- Troubleshoots network problems and recommends corrective procedures; assists with troubleshooting circuit equipment and all other network issues.
- Prepares activity reports as requested by management.
- Identifies opportunities to improve workflow and creates supporting documentation for review by peers and management.
- Maintains network services documentation related to work area.
- Completes network change requests in accordance with service level agreements.
- Maintains network lab and equipment inventory.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline or related field or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
General Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise and professional manner
- Knowledge of network technologies, i.e., routers, switches, load balancers, firewalls, network and routing protocols, DNS
- Knowledge of basic IT technologies, i.e., operating systems, network devices, software development and architecture
- Requires knowledge of basic office tools
- Ability to understand and apply technical concepts
- Team skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Flexibility, versatility, dependability
Entry level role. Basic skills with moderate level of proficiency. Works under close to moderate supervision with limited latitude for independent judgment. Works with management or senior peers on non-complex projects or as part of a team on more-complex projects, to learn through experience. Is an active team member, shares ideas and suggestions appropriate for level of experience. Typically requires one to three years of experience in a technical discipline or related field.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.