Location : Cambridge, MA 02139
Headquarters : Basel, Switzerland
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
To do this, our scientists need state-of-the-art, cutting-edge scientific workflow and data management systems. The NIBR Informatics (NX) group was created within NIBR as a strategic investment to deliver these systems and services that are so critical to the future of drug discovery.
Come and join our organization today as a Software Engineer!
Application Due Date: July 26, 2021
As a Software / Data Engineer, you will work with computational biologists, data scientists, product experts, and other specialists to implement world-class solutions for drug discovery. You will be part of a team that strives to deliver excellence in software, data, and infrastructure engineering, and that is responsible for building powerful, functional, beautiful, and secure scientific and IT software solutions that accelerate scientific research.
What will you be responsible for?
- Develop modular, reusable, elegantly designed, and maintainable software that will impact and accelerate critical scientific research.
- Be hands-on and solution-driven, developing and maintaining the code repositories for which you are responsible and responding rapidly to bug reports or security vulnerability issues.
- Embody and integrate software development standard methodologies into your everyday work and inspire others within the engineering community to emulate these practices.
- Collaborate extensively with your colleagues across Engineering, Product Management, Product Service Management, and Business Management.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, or commensurate experience
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithms, data structures, and complexity analysis.
- Experience working with RDBMS and SQL.
- Be an independent self-starter who takes pride in their work and has a passion for science and engineering.
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Have a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability and passion to rapidly learn new software languages, frameworks, and APIs.
- Experience with Linux/Unix environment.
- Experience working with RESTful APIs and data formats such as XML or JSON.
- Experience using version control systems, such as Git, Bitbucket, etc.
- Understanding of AWS cloud technologies.
Competitive salary, annual bonus, long-term incentive for select levels, health insurance, paid vacation/holidays, potential flexible working arrangements, employee recognition scheme.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million! That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous, and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!