Our Commitment to Inclusion, Equity and Diversity
At Sierra Wireless diversity is valued and celebrated. We strive to foster an inclusive organization. As a proud equal opportunity employer, we welcome people of every race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status to grow their careers here.
We have a great opportunity for a talented UI Software Engineer to join our Software Engineering Team. Our team is building leading cellular routers and gateways that make a difference to first responders by enabling better access to critical data, to help utility companies to operate their equipment more environmentally responsible in renewable energy, and to provide needed connectivity to remote people and equipment. This is a great time to join as we are continuing to expand our product line.
We are looking for an experienced and talented UI Software Engineer to help design and implement our new ReactJS UI framework used for managing our Airlink brand of routers. This position will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, and maintaining the Web UI component of these products.
- Translate marketing requirements into actionable technical specifications with usability and performance as the focus
- Identify and promote opportunities for improved user experience, product quality and development efficiency
- Propose systematic advancements to build large scale systems with clear understanding of the existing architecture and functionality
- On-time delivery of reliable, scalable and maintainable software with a strong focus on customer satisfaction
- Design and code reviews for team members to validate customer requirement conformance and software development best practices
- Manage assignments with competing priorities by evaluating technical complexities while balancing business needs
- Strive to stay current with Web applications technology and market demands with the goal to improve the product line
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a Technology Diploma with relevant industry experience
- 10+ years of experience in developing complex Web front end applications
- 5+ years of experience in developing services on Linux
- Solid experience in object-oriented design
- Must be well organized, methodical, detail-oriented with excellent analytical skills
- Must have experience with different WebUI toolkits, in particular with ReactJS
- Ability to work well with people and be both highly motivated and motivating
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task with excellent time management skills
- Experience with software development life cycles, Agile is highly desirable
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, Github will be a plus
- Linux, System and Embedded development culture will be a plus
- Would be good to have experience with developing UI for embedded Web Servers running on Linux
What We Offer
Our people are friendly, collaborative, and like to share their ideas and knowledge with one another. This creates an amazing environment where we learn from each other and innovate together.
Our Canadian benefits include paid vacation and sick days, extended health and dental insurance, vision care, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, matching retirement savings program, and employee and family assistance programs.
Our Richmond headquarters offers a subsidized cafeteria, free parking, free shuttle service from Skytrain, a Wellness Program that includes an onsite fitness center, onsite fitness classes led by professional instructors, free healthy snacks each month, and wellness activities and challenges to keep our minds and bodies active. We also host various social and cultural events throughout the year where we come together to have fun and celebrate. Within our Global Inclusion and Diversity Program, our Employee Resource Groups provide opportunities for our people to support and champion Women in Tech, Pride at Sierra, and Mental Health Awareness.
If you like working with a successful team, are looking for competitive salary and benefits, and the opportunity to represent a recognized and innovative brand, we’d love to have you join our team!
How to Apply
Please submit your resume online through our careers website: www.iotstartswithus.com. If you are a job seeker with a disability and you need individualized support during the application or interview process, please leave us a note on your application form.
We thank you for your application and appreciate your interest in Sierra Wireless, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.