Our Commitment to Inclusion, Equity and Diversity
At Sierra Wireless diversity is valued and celebrated. We strive to foster an inclusive organization. As a proud equal opportunity employer, we welcome people of every race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status to grow their careers here.
Our team is building leading cellular routers and gateways that make a difference to first responders by enabling better access to critical data, to help utility companies to operate their equipment in a more environmentally responsible manner, and to provide needed connectivity to remote people and equipment. This is a great time to join as we are continuing to expand our product line.
We are looking for a talented Software Test Engineer to join the Software Test & Validation Team, focused on automating the validation of the capabilities of our next-generation gateways, cloud-based device, and network management solutions. Working with other members of the engineering team, you will apply your technical and functional expertise to ensure that software releases and products adhere to the specifications, performance, standards, and functionality requirements.
- Enjoy coming to work and be part of a great team that is doing some amazing work that we are all proud of.
- Apply your experience, enthusiasm, and creativity to help us solve challenging problems.
- Perform analysis on system and feature requirements and develop comprehensive test plans for product functionality, quality, and usability verification.
- Develop System Test Plan and review with developers to ensure complete coverage of targeted features and performance expectations.
- Execute Test Plan and update documents for system release readiness review.
- Provide clear documentation of problems encountered with details about troubleshooting and isolating the problems.
- Design and develop automation tests to improve regression test scope of the software release and product.
- Evaluate and improve test setups to better reflect customer deployment scenarios.
- Support the development team on defect root cause analysis and provide containment solutions as necessary.
- Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a Technology Diploma with relevant industry experience.
- 5-7 years of experience in software testing and test automation development.
- 3-5 years of experience with one or more scripting languages such as Perl, Python and bash shell scripts.
- Experience in testing TCP/IP networking and security technologies (IPsec, GRE, SSL, QoS, SNMP, VLAN, L2TP, Netfilter, IP Table, DNS, NAT, and DHCP, etc.) is desirable.
- Experience working in a Linux environment, knowledge of operating system installation, configuration, administration, networking, and script development is desirable.
- Familiarity with Dell server hardware and virtualized environments such as VMWare would be an asset.
- Experience working with cloud-based services such as Amazon AWS, MS Azure would be an asset.
- Experience working with application container orchestration such as Docker, Kubernetes is desirable.
- Experience with Cellular wireless and WiFi testing is an asset.
- Experience with defect tracking tools such as Bugzilla, JIRA and revision control tools such as Subversion, CVS.
- Ability to identify, troubleshoot, and clearly explain technical problems.
- Resourceful self-starter with strong interpersonal skills. Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Detail-oriented and able to meet tight schedules.
- Works well both individually and within a team and takes pride in the overall achievements of the team as well as personal accomplishments.
What We Offer
Our people are friendly, collaborative, and like to share their ideas and knowledge with one another. This creates an amazing environment where we learn from each other and innovate together.
Our Canadian benefits include paid vacation and sick days, extended health and dental insurance, vision care, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, matching retirement savings program, and employee and family assistance programs.
Our Richmond headquarters offers a subsidized cafeteria, free parking, free shuttle service from Skytrain, a Wellness Program that includes an onsite fitness center, onsite fitness classes led by professional instructors, free healthy snacks each month, and wellness activities and challenges to keep our minds and bodies active. We also host various social and cultural events throughout the year where we come together to have fun and celebrate. Within our Global Inclusion and Diversity Program, our Employee Resource Groups provide opportunities for our people to support and champion Women in Tech, Pride at Sierra, and Mental Health Awareness.
If you like working with a successful team, are looking for competitive salary and benefits, and the opportunity to represent a recognized and innovative brand, we’d love to have you join our team!
How to Apply
Please submit your resume online through our careers website: www.iotstartswithus.com. If you are a job seeker with a disability and you need individualized support during the application or interview process, please leave us a note on your application form.
We thank you for your application and appreciate your interest in Sierra Wireless, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.