Location : REMOTE
Headquarters : Canada
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Marketplace, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Ours is a fast paced, ever changing environment. Geotabbers accept that challenge and are willing to take on new tasks and activities - ones that may not always be described in the initial job description. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Define, design, and implement new software applications in collaboration with other members of the development and technical teams.
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications.
- Perform Test-Driven and Security-Driven Development.
- Conduct comprehensive code reviews and ensure that coding standards are followed.
- Analyze call stacks, trace files, debug logs or performance data to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of bugs.
- Participate in development of prototypes, minimum viable products and PoCs.
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automation.
- Perform maintenance programming for existing applications.
- Ensure the functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules and system architecture for each assignment.
- Provide design documents and documentation to ensure efficient maintenance and code reuse.
- Provide recommendations for improvements in the overall development process.
What you’ll bring to this role:
- Minimum 1 year of experience with using C#/C++/Java and experience with object-oriented design, unit testing, optimization and multithreaded programming.
- Experience with SQL Server or any Database.
- Experience in Python, TypeScript, ES6, .Net Core, Google Compute Engine, Google BigQuery in nice to have.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Able to work well under pressure and respond to fast changing priorities and deadlines.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to problem-solve to well-judged decisions.
- A strong team-player with the ability to engage with all levels of the organization.
- Technical competence using software programs, including, but not limited to, Google Suite for business (Sheets, Docs, Slides).
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfortable in a flat organization.
We believe that ensuring diversity is fundamental to our future growth and progress and is an integral part of our business. We believe that success happens where new ideas can flourish – in an environment that is rich in diversity and a place where people from various backgrounds can work together. Geotab encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired. We will ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account as part of performance management, career development, training and redeployment processes. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our diversity and inclusion as well as accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at email@example.com. Click here to learn more about what happens with your personal data.