Senior IoT Solution Architect
Location : Mississauga, ON
Headquarters : Canada
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Architect
Experience : Senior Level
- At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
- If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
- Bell is making unmatched investments in our world-leading broadband fibre and wireless networks because we know they’re the backbone of the products and services our customers love. If you’re excited about transforming the way people connect, our Network team is the right place for you.
- Bell is a leader in wire-line and wireless networks technologies in Canada, providing high quality connectivity services to a wide variety of IoT clients (Internet of Things).
- We are leveraging this experience and network quality to develop a strong portfolio of custom IoT solutions for our corporate partners.
- We are currently recruiting an ambitious Solution Architect to join our team. You will be part of a small functional team to define, design, and develop the Bell IoT platform and security, including common enablers and differentiators. You will make key decisions and take ownership of end-to-end features, enables and differentiators.
- We highly encourage collaboration within our engineering teams across all cross functional teams.
- Launch products and releases on a regular basis.
- Develop new products and enhance existing products.
- Contribute to the technology vision evolution
- Identify technical opportunities and define technical vision and strategy.
- Understand customer needs and gather technical requirements.
- Facilitate deep technical discussions with engineers, customers, partners, and executives.
- Provide customer and market feedback to product and engineering teams to help define product direction.
- Provide domain expertise around digital signage and enterprise technology, and effectively promote Bell solutions to customers, at conferences, and online.
- Support Account Managers and Sales Engineering teams as needed through all phases of new customer engagement.
- Create and deliver best practice recommendations, tutorials, blog posts, sample code, and presentations adapted to technical, business, and executive partners
- Knowledge sharing to achieve autonomous team’s vision
- Contribute to the support and operations
- 5+ of experience and a proven track record as Lead Architect within developing innovative and large-scale platforms and working with Public Cloud/SaaS.
- Experience in designing and implementing solutions or platforms.
- Good understanding of new technology waves: IoT, SDN, 5G and MEC.
- Experience in the business technology market, and expertise working closely with sales and marketing teams in SaaS solutions or related technical fields.
- Understanding of Agile, Lean and Scrum frameworks.
- Innovation skills including Curiosity, Agility, Strategic Thinking.
- Understanding of the current state of infrastructure automation, continuous integration/deployment, database, security, networking, and cloud-based delivery models.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts to a broad range of audiences.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- IoT knowledge and experience
- Experience in Telco: IMS and Connectivity Platforms.
- Experience with public cloud SaaS and IoT services.
- Experience in microservices architecture and development.
- Good understanding of SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle), including deployment and maintenance processes.
- Understanding of DevOps concepts.
- IoT, 5G/MEC, Public Clouds courses and certifications is a plus.
- Experience with web applications environments, encryption, standard Internet protocols, networking, routing, load balancing, etc
- Linux or Kubernetes certification
- Bilingual French and English an asset