Our Support Functions deliver services and make recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the culture of our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
This position will be part of Application Engineering's Augmentation or Process Excellence Technology Chapter in support of our Research & Development (R&D) Division. These Technology Chapters focus on proof-of-concept experiments or production implementations respectively. Focus areas include artificial intelligence, machine learning and natural language processing (AI/ML/NLP), graph structures and databases, and the internet-of-things (IoT).
Under the leadership of a Chapter Lead, the IT Engineer will:
- Interact with business stakeholders, solution/software providers, and IT colleagues to support portfolio objectives.
- Support the design and implementation of solutions for the defined business needs.
- Contribute to innovation, experiments and thinking/working “out of the box” when possible, to achieve efficiency for a better user experience.
- Ensure activities are conducted in compliance with company policies and standards, in addition to regional and country specific regulations.
- Keep abreast of new technologies, work processes, industry practices, and standards.
B.S. in Computer Science, Information Technology, Data Science, Business Analytics or related field.
School project experience or up to 2 years of working exp with several programming languages, including Python or R, and
software development methodologies.
0-2 years of professional experience with one of the following:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Computer Vision
- Data Science
- Data Analysis
- Business Intelligence
- Linked Data
- Knowledge Graphs
- Ability to propose solutions and communicate complex quantitative results in a clear, precise and actionable manner.
- Self-motivation and an ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced, global environment.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Experience with Agile best practices.
- Experience with cloud computing and technologies.
- Passion for innovation, technology and continuous learning.
- Our IT team operates as a business partner proposing ideas and innovative solutions that enable new organizational capabilities. We collaborate internationally to deliver the services and solutions that help everyone to be more productive and enable innovation.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.
Notice for Internal Applicants
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: