This job posting has expired
Software Design Engineer V
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
- Danaher is a global science and technology innovator with more than 59,000 associates committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life around the world. Our world class brands have unparalleled leadership positions in some of the most demanding and attractive industries and our technologies address a broad range of societal needs:
- Protecting the global water supply and ensuring environmental stewardship
- Protecting the world's food supply and verifying pharmaceutical dosages and authenticity
- Leading scientific research and advancing patient health with the highest diagnostic confidence
- Improving dental outcomes and promoting access to comfortable patient care around the world Danaher generates over $18 billion USD of annual revenue from five business segments: Life Sciences, Diagnostics, Dental, Water Quality, and Product Identification.
- For additional company details, see www.danaher.com.
- As a SW Engineer for our IoT, Data, and Analytics Cloud Platform, you will join a team of skilled software engineers developing the next generation cloud platform for Danaher. You will drive Danaher’s Digital transformative initiatives in IoT, Data and Analytics (Machine Learning) applications targeted at multiple market segments such as Life Sciences, Diagnostics, Industrial manufacturing and environmental sciences. You will be responsible for designing and implementing highly scalable, distributed, reliable cloud-native platform that will serve as the backbone of Danaher’s digital platforms. You will apply your knowledge and proficiency in architecting and coding software components using cutting edge IoT and big data technologies that run on AWS (preferred) or Azure IaaS or PaaS infrastructure. You will work on Event driven systems that interact with back end databases and other services. You will be called upon to solve complex analytical problems independently as well as with your team members. You will work with a globally distributed agile team in a fast-paced environment.
- We are looking for talented, passionate Cloud Platform Engineers to join our cloud engineering team and develop our new large scale, high-performance digital platform. You will be part of a new team that has been tasked with building the next generation, highly available, global scale, multi-cloud PaaS platform with open source technologies to enable and accelerate Danaher’s growth. You will get to be a technology thought leader, evangelize new, cutting edge technologies and solve complex problems.
- Design, develop, and deploy highly scalable backend cloud microservices based on distributed systems using Java
- Design and implement serverless services based on AWS and/or Azure cloud components.
- Design and develop event driven systems.
- Interact with both business and technical stakeholders to deliver high quality products and services that meets/exceeds business customer, and technical requirements.
- Work with geographically distributed teams while maintaining highest standards in collaboration and communication.
- Contribute to the team charter to design and build a highly scalable and resilient platform services utilizing Kubernetes cluster.
- Establish best practices and standards for software development.
- Proven hands-on experience (5+ years) in developing highly scalable, distributed backend RESTful APIs and back-end services
- Experience in building products utilizing Java based services on Big Data Platforms
- Proven hands-on experience (3+ years) in developing solutions using AWS Cloud services such as AWS Lambda, AWS S3, AWS DynamoDB, AWS EMR SPARK or equivalent, Cloud Formation, or other Big-Data solutions (Cloudera, Hortonworks, Databricks); Equivalent experience in Microsoft Azure will also be considered
- Energetic and passionate about being successful and open to different technologies; Be familiar and comfortable with new technologies, trade-offs and emerging design patterns
- Experience designing and developing collection and storage for big data solutions using one or more of the following: MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Redshift, ObjectStore, timeseries databases, HDFS/HBase, etc.
- Deep understanding of Object Oriented Programming; Solid understanding and experience of
- Domain Modeling in relational and non-relational databases
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
- Clear written and verbal communications skills; Attention to detail, self-motivated, creative and flexible; Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- A proven team player and problem solver with the ability to work collaboratively to brainstorm, uncover key issues, troubleshoot and recommend/implement solutions
- Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Willingness to travel
- Experience and knowledge of Git, JIRA, and Jenkins.
- Machine learning, AI and deep learning technologies experience.
- Experience in digital health industry with HIPAA compliance training
- Experience with agile development methodology; Ability to work with multi-geography/site teams.
- Good knowledge of distributed systems, APIs, cloud computing.
- An automation mindset including monitoring, reporting, iterating and CI/CD practices
- Familiarity with authentication & authorization standards (e.g. OAuth 2.0, SAML) multi-factor authentication, and IDP integrations