This job posting has expired
Digital Solutions - Technical Lead
Location : Indiana
Headquarters : Darmstadt, Germany
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
- At MilliporeSigma, asa Software Lead for Digital Lab Productivity Solutions, you will join a team of skilled software engineers to drive Digital innovation andtransformation initiatives in IoT, Data and Analytics applications, including:
- Designand implementhighly scalable, distributed, reliable cloud-native systems that will serve as the backbone of Digital Lab platforms
- Mentor and guide other team members.
- Share and apply your knowledge and proficiency incoding software components that run on Cloud IaaS or PaaS infrastructure.
- Work on Event driven system Architecture that interact with back end databases and other services.
- Solve complex analytical problems independently as well as with your team members.
- Work with a globally distributed Agile team in a fast-paced environment.
- Design, develop, and deploy highly scalable backend cloud micro-services based on distributed systems using Java.
- Work with SW architects to understand the problem domain and come up with creative solutions for new services.
- Design and implement backend micro-services based on cloud components.
- Design and develop event driven systems.
- Create unit tests for software components and ensure adequate coverage is provided.
- Interact with both business and technical stakeholders to deliver high quality products and services that meets or exceeds business customer, and technical requirements.
- Participate in code and design reviews with agile team .
- Work with geographically distributed teams while maintaining highest standards in collaboration and communication.
- 7+ years experiencein developing highly scalable, distributed backend web implementations with modern API standards including RESTful APIs
- 4+ years xperiencein developing solutions using AWS Cloud services
- Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Familiarity with chaos engineering, Kafka, Kinesis, Spark Streaming, Infrastructure as code experience, Gatling/JMeter, Containerization, Functional (serverless) programming experience
- Energetic and passionate about being successful and open to different technologies
- Familiar and comfortable with new technologies, trade-offs and emerging design patterns in web services
- Experience in developing multi-threaded software in a mainstream language (e.g.Java)
- Deep understanding of Object Oriented Programming, Deep understanding and experience of Domain Modelling in relational and non-relational databases
- Knowledge of professional best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
- Have an automation mindset including monitoring, reporting, iterating and CI/CD practices
- Experience with developer tools like git, Maven, Eclipse Code or other major IDEs and commonly used open source components.
- Experience with agile development methodology, Ability to work with multi-geography teams
- Written and verbal communications skills, Attention to detail, self-motivated, creative and flexible, Excellent time management and organizational skills
- A team player and problem solver with the ability to work collaboratively to brainstorm, uncover key issues, troubleshoot and recommend/implement solutions
- Preferred Technical skills on Kubernetes experience preferred ,Familiarity with chaos engineering, Kafka, Kinesis, Spark Streaming, Infrastructure as code experience, Gatling/JMeter, Containerization, Functional (serverless) programming experience, Degree in Computer Science or a related field
What we offer:
- With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!