This job posting has expired
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : Waltham, Massachusetts, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
- The role is of a hands-on developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming thereby actively contribute to the development of new features. This person will be member of a cross-functional scrum team delivering Connect Platform & Ecosystem , Instrument Connectivity via IoT protocols, Customer tenancy, Authorization, and Digital product subscriptions and entitlements and LIMS. The role is expected to make a difference to the product in terms of the design and contribute towards identifying technical risks and alternate solutions to various problems. In addition to that, the role also demands to lead, motivate, mentor and provide ample guidance to the other team members with respect to technical challenges.
- Active participation in various scrum ceremonies such as Story grooming, sprint planning sessions etc., and contribute towards identifying technical risks, alternate solutions to various problems etc.
- Plans, participates and performs the technical work of an assignment.
- Automated unit and integration testing, code reviews, debugging and integration of code of extreme complexity across multiple concurrent projects.
- Proactively looks for ways and patterns to continuously automate feature testing with measurable and tangible goals
- Is authentic, transparent and leads by example, holding self and others accountable. Inspires, motivates and collaborates with others
- Anticipates needs and problems while creating solutions. Is willing to ask difficult questions and take risks. Greets challenge and change as opportunity
- A highly motivated fast learner who can self-start and “figure out what needs figuring out”
- Actively participates in development community of practices in sharing and learning best practices, leads initiatives within the community and involve in other organization initiatives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively document artifacts and processes then explain them to others.
- Minimum 0-1 years experience in Web Application Development using Java/J2EE related technologies; Expertise in OOAD principles and methodologies
- Extensive experience in Java application development frameworks and technologies: Apache tomcat, Jetty, Juice, Spring and JSON/XML/Ajax
- Minimum 0-1 years’ experience in developing Java/JEE based web applications based on micro-services architecture (using Spring Boot, REST APIs)
- Strong in programming disciplines like object oriented principles, design patterns, data structures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively document artifacts and processes then explain them to others
- At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com. Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.