This job posting has expired
Data Engineer / Consultant
Location : Melbourne VIC
Headquarters : Australia
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Consultant
Experience : Mid Level
- Servian, is an award winning, regional and global tech consultancy with a rich heritage in Data, DevOps, Digital and Cloud. We embrace innovation, change, and the positive impact it has on us and our clients. All roles at Servian involve personal and technical development pathways which aim to facilitate your career growth. We aim to build an employee experience where you will grow more with us, not be drowned out by the loudest voice, and hence we strive to set you up for a career that will have a greater impact.
- Development of end to end data pipelines. We are particularly interested in Google Cloud, Azure, AWS or Snowflake experience.
- Advising on data architecture, data models, data migration, integration and pipelines and data analysis and visualisation.
- Implementing solutions for the establishment of data management capabilities including data models and structures, database and data storage infrastructure, master and metadata management, data quality, data integration, data warehousing, data transformation, data analysis and data governance.
- Development and execution of Data migrations.
- Supporting pre-sales activity to promote Servian, our capabilities and value to current and prospective clients.
- A strong analytical thinker and problem solver with thought leadership and commercial awareness.
- Experienced building end to end data pipelines using on-premise or cloud based data platforms.
- Experienced with hands-on delivery of solutions which include databases, advanced SQL and software development in languages such as Python, Scala, Java, TSQL, PL/SQL to name a few.
- Knowledgeable in relational and big data architectures, data warehousing, data integration, data modelling, data optimisation and data analysis techniques.
- Interested and knowledgeable in Big Data technologies and Apache ecosystem technologies such as Beam, Spark, Kafka, Hive, Airflow, NiFi, databases, integration, master data management, quality assurance, data wrangling and data governance technologies.
- Knowledgeable in Cloud Data Warehouse services. Experience in Google BigQuery, Snowflake, AWS Redshift, Azure SQL DWH or Azure Databricks is highly desirable.
- Experienced with public cloud platforms and cloud infrastructure, which is essential.
- Exposed to ETL/ELT and governance tools (inc Talend, Informatica, Matillion, FiveTran, IBM Datastage, Collibra)
- Interested in AI and ML technologies and principles.
- Able to migrate and transform large, complex datasets from diverse sources, structures and formats, modeled to support analysis for access to quality actionable insights.
- At Servian we believe talented technologists matter, this means we want to help grow your career and develop your passion in the ever changing tech industry.
- Variety of interesting projects, using emerging technologies.
- Collaborative environment for talented technologists.
- Consultant-led events including Social clubs, Tech clubs (IoT, Chatbots, etc.), Gaming events, MeetUps, and Cloud vendor Hackathons.
- Proactive career development through structured learning and development, multiple avenues for growth and an innovative reward and recognition structure.
- Alongside the above, we also provide employees with life and salary insurance, progressive parental leave policy, and a sociable workplace that truly values its diversity.
- If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, we would like to love to have a conversation with you.