This job posting has expired
Sr. Consultant, Data Engineering
Location : Sydney NSW
Headquarters : Seattle, Washington, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Consultant
Experience : Senior Level
- You design and set up projects that bring together information from a variety of sources, to enable analysis and decision-making.
- You make sure that data is accessible and easy to use so that it can be used for routine and ad-hoc analysis.
- Be able to analyze current business practices, processes, and procedures as well as identifying future business opportunities for leveraging Microsoft Azure Data & Analytics PaaS Services.
- Support the planning and implementation of data design services, providing sizing and configuration assistance and performing need assessments.
- Delivery of architectures for transformations and modernizations of enterprise data solutions using Azure cloud data technologies.
- Design and Build Modern Data Pipelines and Data Streams.
- Design and Build Data Service APIs.
- Develop and maintain data warehouse schematics, layouts, architectures, and relational/non-relational databases for data access and Advanced Analytics.
- Expose data to end-users using PowerBI, Azure API Apps, or any other modern visualization platform or experience.
- Implement effective metrics and monitoring processes.
- Travel as needed
- Strong experience as an Azure Technologies
- Demonstrated experience of turning business use cases and requirements into technical solutions.
- Strong Data Migration Experience is preferred
- Experience in business processing mapping of data and analytics solutions.
- Ability to conduct data profiling, cataloging, and mapping for technical design and construction of technical data flow.
- The ability to apply such methods to solve business problems using one or more Azure Data and Analytics services in combination with building data pipelines, data streams, and system integration.
- Azure IoT, Azure HDInsight + Spark, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Stream Analytics is a plus.
- Knowledge of Python is a plus.
- Experience preparing data for Data Science and Machine Learning.
- Demonstrated experience preparing data and building data pipelines for AI Use Cases (text, voice, image, etc).
- Big Data components such as Kafka, Spark SQL, Data frames, HIVE DB etc. and their implementation using Azure Data Bricks
- Experience in migration from on-premises Spark environment to Azure using Azure Data bricks
- Coding complex U-SQL, Spark (Scala or Python). T-SQL
- Good Understanding of Modern Data Warehouse/Lambda Architecture, Data warehousing concepts
- PowerShell scripting
- Effort estimation in support of project delivery or pre-sales effort
- Benefits of being an Avanade Employee
- Additional 5 days personal Leave + Opportunity to purchase extra annual leave
- Wellbeing & Gadget Allowance
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous parental leave
- Corporate private health insurance discounts
- Up to 80 hours of training per year
- Please APPLY only if you are an Australian Citizen or a Permanent Resident with full working rights.