This job posting has expired
Product Manager/Strategy 4-ProdDev
Location : Toronto, ON
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Manager
Experience : Mid Level
- Communications service providers (CSPs) are investing in 5G, IoT, SD-WAN, NFV, SDN, Telco Cloud and Multi-access Edge Compute technologies, with increasing partnerships across these technologies, all to create greater value to offer to their business customers. To embrace and be successful with these new services and their complexity requires CSPs to transform their customer experience, business models and operations.
- Oracle has been a leading provider of customer experience solutions to the communications industry for more than 20 years. We serve hundreds of global CSPs including many tier-1 providers. Oracle is committed to providing innovative products by undertaking its own product transformation. A bold new vision and solution strategy for customer experience for communications is driving the development of innovative new products and capabilities for the market.
- “Customer Experience for Communications” (CX4C) is a strategic industry solution in the Oracle SaaS applications development and engineering organization. Oracle’s next generation of Customer Experience solutions are driving transformational changes in how communications and media service providers will launch, market, sell, order and fulfill services for enterprise / B2B customers.
- This posting is for an experienced, exceptional Product Manager that is highly self-motivated and obsessed with making customers successful to join our CX4C Product Management team. The ideal candidate will be effective at defining and driving a strategic product that works as a seamless component of a larger solution. They must be a very effective communicator and collaborator amongst teams, be able to formulate strategy, functional architecture and clear requirements, and to work closely with both customers and development.
- The product management team acts as the central resource and driving force for product strategy by understanding enterprise/B2B customer needs, competitive landscape, requirements and product definition, field enablement and working closely with engineering to deliver the product to market. Following product release, to ensure your product is successful in the market you will be involved in supporting sales, working closely with customers and partners, and their deployments. The Product manager will be part of the team responsible for Oracle’s customer experience for communications focusing on enterprise/B2B services.
- Note that to evaluate the capabilities of a candidate, the hiring process may include, but is not limited to: submission of examples of the candidate's past work, an assignment or test of product management skills.
- Responsible for end-to-end product lifecycle including, but not limited to, market needs, product vision and strategy, roadmap creation and communication, release planning, requirements gathering, persona/journey/use case definition, functional solution architecture, functional specification, user stories and acceptance criteria, all the way through to customer enablement and success.
- Build and manage roadmap, gaining alignment/commitment across all teams.
- Define the B2B Sales and Ordering solution for unassisted and assisted channels.
- Be a deep expert in the telecom B2B market, understanding the technologies and the competitive landscape and the problems experienced by the target personas.
- Work with UX team to help define & build a world class user experience for assisted and unassisted and conversational channels.
- Work with engineering teams to provide detailed requirements, build and manage product releases including performance/scalability/reliability, security, test plans, localization, accessibility etc.
- Identify dependencies and work across peer teams to prioritize the work.
- Work with peer teams in building and executing go-to-market strategy/plan.
- Engage directly with customers during pre- and post-sales implementations to ensure the product will help them reach their desired business outcomes.
- Identify, understand and document detailed communications customer experience processes, data mapping and integrations across the various applications required to deliver the CX Sales and Ordering solution.
- Understand and apply relevant Telemanagement Forum (TMF) standards and API specifications.
- 5-10 years progressively increasing product management responsibilities.
- Fast learner that can quickly synthesize ideas, information, and options into a strategy, plan, or response and effectively communicate it
- Exceptional messaging skills in both written/oral/presentation communication skills.
- Business-driven with a passion for technology. The ideal candidate can point to examples of driving revenue growth through customer success and innovation.
- Experience leading and influencing cross-functional teams.
- Experience in agile and lean product development principles.
- Bachelors’ degree is required.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Communications industry and B2B service domains.
- Experience delivering full-stack solutions, from underlying platform to end-user experiences.
- Experience delivering SaaS enterprise software.
- Advanced degree is a positive.
- Performance Drive & Execution – Holds self and others accountable for delivering shareholder value. Creates and instills a performance driven, results orientation culture based on data and facts. Takes full accountability for the achievement of organizational results. Delivers audience-appropriate messages about financial performance and future expectations.
- Collaboration – Fosters collaboration between business leaders. Facilitates consensus among diverse stakeholders with opposing viewpoints on critical issues. Drives a diverse and inclusive culture throughout the organization. Instills a sense of common purpose, joint mission, and mutual responsibility to create and support business outcomes. Aligns strategic priorities of own area with the direction and priorities of the broader organization.
- Communicating for Impact – Ensures clarity around organization's strategic intent and business objectives. Champions strategic initiatives in ways that generate organization-wide understanding and support. Builds confidence and inspires support through a convincing presentation style.
- Inspirational Leadership – Establishes and models authentic leadership across internal and external boundaries. Builds internal and external reputation as a strategic business leader. Inspires and empowers others toward achievement of goals and strategies. Employs and develops the right talent at every level.
- Competitive Edge – Predicts changes in customer expectations; takes advantage of opportunities to shape and re-shape market propositions. Builds long-term business value. Creates a culture of innovation and encourages entrepreneurship. Strategically develops a range of options/paths to achieve business objectives within a changing environment.
- Change Agility – Initiates strategic change initiatives in anticipation of a changing external environment. Champions organizational change initiatives in a way that helps people understand, appreciate, and support them. Guides the organization to remain flexible in a changing, competitive environment. Fosters creativity, measured risk-taking actions, and entrepreneurial thinking in others
- Mastering Complexity – Makes decisions about the long-term strategy to sustainably grow the business. Creates an environment that shapes and supports cross-functional analysis of problems and decision-making. Actively supports the resolution of ambiguous, complex problems that cross organizational boundaries. Creates an environment of personal accountability and ownership for problem-solving
- Detailed Description and Job Requirements
- Lead a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.