This job posting has expired
Developer, Data Science
Location : Toronto, ON
Headquarters : Canada
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Data Scientist
Experience : Mid Level
- At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
- If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
- The Bell Mobility team offers the best and latest mobile devices, wireless services and Internet of Things solutions to consumer and business customers, with the top speeds, coverage and reliability on Canada’s Best National Network. We love to innovate, embrace big challenges, and live for the newest technology
- Bell’s Business Intelligence team is responsible for the management and optimization of BI systems used to analyze customer behavior, automate business insight processes, target marketing & contact strategy opportunities and provide insight to drive optimal business decisions.
- This is a terrific opportunity to help transform the organization, and achieve one of the most significant strategic mandates within Bell, leveraging machine learning and AI algorithms to drive business decisions. As part of this team, you will have opportunities to build your analytics skills, shape the next generation of BI and drive important business decisions working with new, cutting-edge technologies.
- “We work in a fast-paced environment, which allows us to learn about many unique parts of the business in short periods of time. I have the ability and freedom to continually leverage my ideas and research to help solve business problems.”
- “To me, the best thing about working for Bell is the amazing people. I am surrounded by a very supportive team and on a daily basis I collaborate with highly talented individuals throughout the company to solve complex business problems.”
- We are looking for a data scientist who is highly logical, passionate, and can communicate effectively to all levels within the organization.
- Lead the development of machine learning products and models from inception to production
- Explore new data sources to uncover new business opportunities at all levels of the business (strategic to operational)
- Identify areas for ML/AI opportunities and demonstrate to internal clients how ML/AI can improve their business
- Build and implement strategies for ML-driven projects
- Work with partners within Customer Operations and across Bell to make data-driven business decisions
- Work with and present to all management levels
- Maintain and expand your knowledge of ML/AI and current technology through training opportunities, conferences, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree, or Masters in a discipline such as Mathematics, Statistics, Machine Learning, Business analytics/Business Intelligence, Computer Science or related area
- Advanced knowledge of ML models: deep learning, reinforcement learning, NLP, and others
- Hands-on experience and expertise with different AI/ML frameworks such as Keras, Pytorch, Tensor Flow, SparkML, Scikit-Learn
- Stay abreast of new technology and techniques in the ML/AI space
- Advanced Python development skills
- Excellent code design (OOP, Algorithms, and Data Structures)
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Proficiency in SQL
- Understanding of Spark and MapReduce
- Quick learner with ability to think out of the box
- Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
- Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
- At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
- Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.