This job posting has expired
Location : REMOTE
Headquarters : Dallas, Texas, USA
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Data Scientist
Experience : Mid Level
- For over a century, Neiman Marcus Group has served the unique needs of our discerning customers by staying true to the principles of our founders: to be the premier omni-channel retailer of luxury and fashion merchandise dedicated to providing superior service and a distinctive shopping experience in our stores and on our websites. Neiman Marcus Group is comprised of the Specialty Retail Stores division, which includes Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman. Our portfolio of brands offers the finest luxury and fashion apparel, accessories, jewelry, beauty, and home décor. The Company operates more than 40 Neiman Marcus full-line stores in the most affluent markets across the United States, including U.S. gateway cities that draw an international clientele. In addition, we operate 2 Bergdorf Goodman stores in landmark locations on Fifth Avenue in New York City. We also operate 5 Last Call by Neiman Marcus off-price stores that cater to a value oriented, yet fashion minded customer. Our upscale eCommerce and direct-to-consumer division includes NeimanMarcus.com, BergdorfGoodman.com Horchow.com and LastCall.com. Every day each of our 13,000 NMG associates work towards the goal of enabling our customers to shop any of our brands "anytime, anywhere, and on any device." Whether the merchandise we sell, the customer service we offer, or our investments in technology, everything we do is to enhance the customer experience across all channels and brands.
- A Data Scientist in Neiman Marcus Group (NMG) deepens customers’ relationship, enhances customers’ magical luxury shopping experience, and increases luxury customers’ CLVs by applying algorithms. The Data Scientist performs statistical and econometric analysis, AI/ML modeling, and numerical optimization. The Data Scientist solves use cases related to personalization, customer engagement, marketing promotions, merchandise planning, supply chain, pricing, and cost. This position will lead data science needs across all Neiman Marcus Group brands, divisions and selling channels.
- The position reports to the Manager or Senior Manager of Decision Science
- Collaborates with cross-organization to ideate and prioritize use cases, business problems, and user stories that can enhance customers experience and increase NMG ROI.
- Leads data science projects independently while collaborating with team members and multi-organizational stakeholders.
- Develops statistical, econometric, AI/ML, and numerical optimization models for personalization, customer engagement, marketing science, retail analytics, business analytics, and supply-chain analytics using big data in cloud environment to improve customer satisfaction and promote growth.
- Leverages state-of-the-art data science tools, methodologies, and algorithms to drive improved decisions
- Collaborates in the development and implementation of predictive models, segmentation strategies, optimization algorithms, and data mining analyses with a targeted result of increasing revenue.
- Researches, innovates, and designs algorithms and techniques to contribute in optimization and automation.
- Continuously learns new skills
- May be allowed to work from home or from remote location in the USA
- At least a quant-based undergraduate degree such as Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, Statistics, Physics, Economics, or other related fields from a reputed university with course work that includes analytics, coding, statistics, math, and algorithm development. Ph.D. is Preferred
- Strong in Math, Statistic, Finance, and Econometric
- Expert Level skills in at least two of the followings: a) graph/network theory, b) personalized recommendation engine, c) statistical modeling and linear/non-linear optimization theory, d) machine learning and neural Network
- 1+ years of hands on experience in Data Science.
- Experience in working in retail space will be a plus.
- Strong coding skills in Python and SQL
- Experience in using Keras, Tensorflow, and scikit-learn
- Experience in working on Spark, AWS SageMaker, S3, and SnowFlake is a plus
Work Locations: Remote Dallas Neiman Marcus 5950 Colwell Blvd Irving 75039