Weir Minerals Australia
- Weir is charging into the Industrial 4.0 revolution with the establishment of the Weir Digital Innovation Hub, building on our heritage of invention and expertise in the mining industry. We are building solutions to connect mining assets, people, and processes that help our customers and engineers make better-informed decisions using manufacturing intelligence technologies.
- As a Lead Data Scientist, you will be a senior technical contributor responsible for building data-driven solutions powering the Weir Connected and Intelligent Machine. We are looking for an entrepreneurial, collaborative person with strong hands-on experience and a solid track record in statistical analysis, machine learning, deep learning, and software engineering to help us build the data platform in our digital innovation department.
Key accountabilities are:
· Driving the design and development of the data-driven Weir Connected and Intelligent Machine
· Building predictive and smart solutions using ML/DL, and AI technologies
· Evaluating ML/DL platforms, algorithms, potential vendors, and support make vs. buy decisions and prototype solutions.
· Gathering requirements, writing specifications, working with the product management team, development team, Group Digital, and customers.
· Engaging with the relevant business, commercial and technical teams to deliver credible products, solutions and services for the Minerals Digital Team
Responsible for driving the Weir Connected and Intelligent Machine's design and development using data, ML/DL, and AI technologies.
· Build the ML/DL platform and select the technologies that will power our data-driven machines.
· Use the latest machine and deep learning techniques and Industry 4.0 technologies to build intelligent machines
· Build predictive modeling, predictive analytics, and anomaly detection solutions using data to enhance the health and performance of ur machines
· Work with Manufacturing Intelligence (MI) solutions that integrate different operational and machine data sources for reporting, visualization, analytics, ML/DL, optimization, service, and maintenance purposes.
· Design, prototype, and develop data-driven solutions powering our intelligent machines.
· Work with digital innovation and architects leads to identify Industry 4.0 technologies trends and analyze vendors.
· Partner closely with Digital Group and the Regions to integrate data-driven solutions with enterprise platforms to enable visibility, productivity, and quality, using data gathered in the IoT Platform.
· Determine technical requirements of projects to ensure that specifications are met.
· Effectively manage complex projects and priorities, with a strong focus on value propositions and customer benefits.
· Learn new technologies and be a change agent to introduce technologies to the company.
· Collaborate effectively internally and with cross-functional teams and key stakeholders with an open attitude towards fast learning.
· Communicate effectively at multiple levels covering project technical details or progress and impact updates to key stakeholders.
Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics or related field
The successful candidate will technically understand the application of data and ML/DL technologies in this Industry 4.0 era to power the intelligent machines and factories of the future.
· Experience in evaluating, selecting, and building ML/DL platforms.
· Experience in building and optimizing supervised and unsupervised machine learning models, including deep learning and various other modern data science techniques
· Significant Data Science prototyping experience using machine learning techniques and algorithms.
· Significant Machine Learning experience of physical systems.
· Significant experience in deep learning frameworks.
· Experience with designing, building models, and deploying pipelines to production.
· Experience with developing cloud-native solutions.
· Systems' level thinking - see the big picture and interconnects.
· Familiarity with the agile methodologies and software development lifecycle (SDLC)
· Knowledge of IT/OT system development, IT/OT infrastructure, and business processes is a plus.
· Experience in Industry 4.0 technologies applied to smart factories in the mining and metals sectors a plus.
Given the matrix nature of the role, this leader must bring exceptional influencing skills and the ability to navigate a complex global company. To drive alignment of new digital capabilities, the candidate must foster strong relationships with leaders across the organization and be a strategic business partner and trusted advisor.
Has a passion for technology and keeping up to date on technology trends. Highly capable in ML/DL, AI and industry 4.0 technologies applied to smart factories.
- Home / Office based with potential for some international travel (dependent on current travel guidance) and flexibility to work non-standard hours regularly due to the global nature of the role.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity. Develops innovative approaches and ideas. Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention. Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Drive & Initiative - Focused on results and desired outcomes. Sets ambitious goals for self and others and tackles them with enthusiasm. Initiates and generates activity, making things happen quickly. Works under own direction and persists despite obstacles. L ooks for opportunities to progress and seeks increased responsibilities .
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals and understands the business's strengths & weaknesses. Defines objectives and priorities. Analyses technologies, vendors, market, and competition. Identifies external threats and opportunities. Utilizes available information to make effective decisions.
- Technological Leadership - Displays passion and optimism for technology. Gains respect and trust in ML, DL, AI and Industry 4.0 technologies. Communicates a compelling technological vision and motivates and inspires others to fulfill this.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions and alignment to profitability. Knows the external marketplace and competition and can identify ways to achieve the departmental and company strategic goals. Understands the 'bigger picture .
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities for self and others to meet individual, team, and departmental objectives. Anticipates resources required to deliver tasks and identifies potential risks. Able to adapt if circumstances change, checks the completion of activities and progress on projects, showing awareness of deadlines.
Weir Minerals Australia