This job posting has expired
Systems Engineer - Cloud and New Technology
Location : London W1F
Headquarters : Shirebrook.
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Systems Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
- Frasers Group are currently looking for a Systems Engineer – Cloud and New Technology to join us at our Head Office in Shirebrook. We started as a small store in Maidenhead in 1982 and from there, grew to become a global powerhouse. We believe the higher the risk, the greater the reward. We’ve never been afraid to strive forward and change the way the industry operates, diversifying our portfolio and elevating stores. We’re not sitting back – there’s no room for hesitation. As a PLC with a £4bl turn over, this opportunity to grow your career in a fast paced and dynamic environment is one for the bold.
- You will be part of a team who will take on the role of day to day Systems Engineer requirements of Fraser Group servers, cloud and client devices. Supported by a team of technology specialists you will have an opportunity to learn a wide range of technologies while using your meticulous methodical approach to ensure that vital monitoring and administration is completed effectively.
- We recently formed a Cloud, Project and New Technology team to help drive our future strategies and this role will give you scope to be involved from the ground up as we undertake this exciting journey of technology transformation.
- You will handle escalations from our 1st / 2nd line support teams, deal with the complex issues that they are unable to address and work with the wider team specialists to help deliver solutions on Azure, IoT, 0356 and on premise.
- You will actively seek to develop and improve the processes within the team, ensuring that we have good guides and look for opportunities to innovate and automate
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Client and Servers platforms, including the setup, troubleshooting and monitoring of them.
- Strong knowledge of Windows security.
- Good understanding of Powershell and other scripting tools.
- Experience of working in Azure and O365.
- Experience of Citrix and RDS.
- You should be helpful, friendly and approachable and able to communicate to both technical and non-technical colleague.
- Ability to comprehend the business impact of IT and the risks and opportunities associated with change.
- Ability to create clear written documentation and deliver training and material to 1st / 2nd Line teams.
- Be willing to learn and help drive the IT strategy.
- Working in a highly skilled expanding team who deliver the infrastructure and working closely with Network and Database teams as well as development you can quickly and efficiently deliver your solutions without the bureaucracy that you find in many large-scale organisations. IT at Frasers Group is delivered by the in-house team who are passionate about what they do and are not dependent on outsourced organisations to deliver the core systems. We present an ideal opportunity for someone who is passionate about technology and wants to deliver the absolute best that they can and keep innovation at the forefront.
- There is a wealth of opportunity for training as well as on the job learning.
- An opportunity like this at Frasers Group is for the fearless. The potential is massive, the experience unrivalled. To be able to make the most of it you need to live and breathe our principles:
- Own it and back it
- Not hesitate and act with purpose
- Be commercial and customer-focused.