This job posting has expired
Lead Cloud Systems Engineer
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : Canada
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Systems Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
- Perform the planning, coordination and execution of software and hardware installation, configuration, maintenance, and upgrades.
- Automate system administration tasks, including procedural changes, OS, and application deployments.
- Monitor environment and apply corrective action to ensure optimal performance.
- Write and maintain systems, infrastructure, procedural and process documentation.
- Provide technical assistance by responding to inquiries from others regarding errors, problems, or questions about software, hardware, systems and infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues, interfacing with others as required.
- Stay informed on changes in technology and within the computer industry and keep current on security protocols, applicable laws and regulations.
- Use and automate established methodologies and documented procedures to perform assigned tasks and keep work and data center environments clean, secure and well-maintained.
- Manage work to meet milestones in accordance with the project plan and keep management and project managers informed of issues and status.
- Teach and coach others to enhance their technical skills, troubleshooting techniques and system administrator practices.
- Participate in short and long term projects where interaction with internal and external organizations/customers/vendors is required.
- Installation and configuration of internally developed and third party commercial & open source application software in our test and production environments.
- On Call responsabilités, weekends and off hours maintenance support.
- Attending regularly scheduled off-hours site/platform maintenance as needed
- 5-7 years of experience in UNIX (Solaris) and Red Hat Enterprise Linux administration.
- 2-3 years of Solaris LDOM experience (deploying, maintaining, failover)
- 3-5 years of experience with Veritas Clustering 3 – 5 years of scripting, experience and proficiency in statistical programming languages such as Python( pandas, scikit-learn ), report automation.
- Knowledge of DevOps tools lime Ansible,Jenkins, Git, Docker, Prometheus , Kubernetes
- Practical knowledge working with virtualization platforms including VMware, Oracle VM server for X86, and Sparc, Solaris Zones, Linux Containers, Docker, Kubernetes
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5-7 years of related experience. Equivalent work related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- VMware ESXi administration would be a plus.
- Demonstrated proficiency in systems administration from coordination through implementation to maintenance through proactive monitoring.
- Proven skills to handle progressively complex system administration.
- Working knowledge and experience with: Operating platform(s) and administration, Data storage and communication, Hardware and software platform configurations, Networking and network administration, Security, Virtualization, Automation.
- Proficiency in statistical programming languages such as Python( pandas, scikit-learn ), report automation.
- Established technical problem solving and critical thinking skills, including the ability to think creatively to find solutions.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours as required by a 24x7 production environment.
- Ability to work well under stressful situations.
- Written, verbal and listening communication skills to write documentation and communicate with managers, customers and colleagues.
- Coordination, organization and teaming skills.
- Ability to produce high quality work in accordance with project timelines.
- Ability to see the big picture and quickly grasp and apply technical concepts.
- Ability to multitask and respond to priority issues effectively.
- Must be self-motivating and capable of working both independently and as part of a team.
- OpenText Site Cloud Application Engineering is a rapidly growing group within the organization. We are in the process of building our teams, tools and systems as part of IOT/IDM teams’ mission to build the best Cloud services in the world.
- We enable this team to go fast by providing real time feedback on production systems. We work side by side with the product family and platform developers to maintain and improve services and performance. We live the company values with a strong customer focus and possess a healthy sense of urgency. We are a heavily data driven team, utilizing a variety of data collection, enrichment, analytics and visualizations to learn about our complex systems. We also live the 'Play, as a team' value by having a strong focus on sharing learning experiences from the front line with the development teams.