This job posting has expired
Engineering Manager, Web Frameworks, Chrome
Location : San Francisco, CA
Headquarters : San Francisco, CA, United states
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Manager
Experience : Mid Level
- Software development
- Doctoral degree
- Master's degree
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in a technical leadership role; overseeing strategic projects, with 2 years of experience in a people management, supervision/team leadership role.
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 3 years of experience with front-end and user interface development.
- 3 years of experience working in a complex, matrixed organization.
- Experience the React, Angular or Vue ecosystems and experience with TypeScript.
- Familiarity with UI and web app development.
- Demonstrated commitment to long-term, robust, user-facing experiences.
- Our vision is that a high bar of UX quality becomes a side effect of building for the web. We achieve this by improving performance in popular web frameworks.
- On the Chrome team, we care about user experience and a thriving web ecosystem. We want users to have the best possible experience on the web, not only with static documents but also when they use rich, highly-interactive applications. Open-source tools and frameworks play a large role in enabling developers to build modern apps for the web, while also supporting good developer experiences.
- These frameworks and tools empower companies of all sizes, and individuals building for the web. We believe that frameworks can also play a big role in helping developers with key quality aspects such as performance, accessibility, security, mobile readiness. Instead of asking every developer and site owner to become an expert in these areas and keep up with the constantly changing best practices, the framework can support these with baked-in solutions. This empowers developers and enables them to focus on building product features. To learn more about our mission, see https://web.dev/aurora.
- As an Engineering Manager, you will lead a team of Software Engineers for the design and development of features that improve quality-by-default in a range of popular tech stacks (e.g., Next.js, React, Angular, Nuxt).
- (Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $183,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
- Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
- Manage careers and professional growth of engineers, find scope and opportunities and mentor a team of Software Engineers. Contribute to frameworks such as Next.js and collaborate with React.js, Angular, and Vue.
- Establish the focus areas and mission of the team aligned with organization priorities.
- Collaborate with engineering leadership internally and externally across frameworks to align on feature design, validation, and rollout.
- Provide social leadership by identifying compromise points in a complex trade-off space amongst the many stakeholders. Persuade and socialize our approach to people in the broader Chrome team and in the web ecosystem.
- Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.