This job posting has expired
Process Engineering Specialist
Location : Mississauga, ON
Headquarters : Norwalk, Connecticut, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
- For more than 100 years, Xerox has continually redefined the workplace experience. Harnessing our leadership position in office and production print technology, we’ve expanded into software and services to sustainably power today’s workforce. From the office to industrial environments, our differentiated business solutions and financial services are designed to make every day work better for clients — no matter where that work is being done. Today, Xerox scientists and engineers are continuing our legacy of innovation with disruptive technologies in digital transformation, augmented reality, robotic process automation, additive manufacturing, Industrial Internet of Things and cleantech. Learn more at www.xerox.com and explore our commitment to diversity, inclusion and belonging.
- Responsible for the research, design, development and/or characterization of chemicals or materials, or the processes by which they are manufactured or characterized.
- Primary purpose of this position is to contribute to the development of leading research and technologies.
- Incumbent participates on teams / projects that invent / create new emerging technologies and translate them into prototypes, models, data structures, and interfaces to ultimately transfer as part of a time to market (TTM) product development process.
- Incumbents are assigned somewhat complex yet reasonably standard assignments in their technical discipline.
- Works under only general direction, where work is evaluated upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
- Delivers results for project elements/components as assigned. Exercises significant impact on project results though these efforts enabling new technologies to move forward in the development process.
- Determines creative solutions to broadly defined problems using originality and ingenuity gained from increasing experience.
- Leads/defines technical elements of project objectives.
- Plans and conducts investigations and analyses requiring professional expertise
- Applies complete understanding of technical theories and concepts in a limited field of expertise to area of research. Applies general knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Able to perform complex design, development tasks, investigations, modeling, simulation, and analysis
- Keeps abreast of trends and developments in their area of expertise, some extended areas, and incorporates them into assignments
- Person is listed on a number of ID’s per year as a co-inventor and in some limited cases is the initiating inventor
- Preferred education level is MSc or MASc in Chemistry or a Bachelor of Chemical Engineering, with experience in testing
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment while physically working in a lab, setting up, moving materials and assisting with testing
- Experience working in a lab setting considered an asset
- Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity or expression, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. Learn more at www.xerox.com and explore our commitment to diversity and inclusion! People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
- © 2020 Xerox Corporation. All rights reserved. Xerox® and Xerox and Design® are trademarks of Xerox Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.