This job posting has expired
Software Product Manager
Location : REMOTE
Headquarters : 214 King St. West, Unit 210 Toronto, ON M5H 3S6
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Manager
Experience : Mid Level
- While some dream of a better energy future, Peak Power is building it. Founded in 2015, Peak has developed a comprehensive software platform that alleviates strain on the electricity grid and drives value to owners of clean energy assets, buildings, and electric vehicles (EVs) through electricity markets. Our Synergy software platform optimizes the operation of distributed energy resources by forecasting and predicting the behavior of electricity markets.
- Reporting to the VP of Product, the Software Product Manager will leverage the Internet of Things (IoT) and AI/ML to develop the Peak Insight product. This role will be pivotal in driving the strategy, execution, and delivery of product capabilities that deliver value for our end-users in commercial real estate. You will get to work with a diverse team of product managers, product designers, and building science experts in a fast-paced start-up.
- Peak Insight Platform transforms buildings of any age into healthy, sustainable, and efficient smart buildings. Our building optimization solution combines IoT sensors, micro-controllers, and a software suite designed to enable building operators to monitor equipment health, predict peak energy usage, and give instant access to the performance and sustainability of the buildings. Learn more about Peak’s Building Optimization projects here.
- This work matters. Even a small change to optimize power utilization can significantly impact our customers, electrical grid, and environment. We're building something that will have a lasting, positive impact.
- Collaborate. You have strong interpersonal and communication skills to keep everyone on the same page when working cross-functionally.
- Identify actionable insights and value propositions from interaction with customers, end-users, and stakeholders
- Partner with Sales, Marketing, Operations, and Customer Success to support go-to-market of new features and products
- Develop. You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills to find solutions to complex problems, evaluate new product features, use data, trends to improve user experience
- Develop a technical understanding of our Peak Insight product, systems, processes, and services and work across the organization to improve product scalability
- Establish a roadmap across products, features, and internal tools to deliver the product value
- Deliver. You are a critical thinker who can seize opportunities to create value towards Peak Power's long-term vision for Building Optimization.
- Launch new features and products in collaboration with Product Design, Engineering, and Marketing
- Execute against priorities and roadmap, acting as Product Owner for our agile development process
- The experience. You have proven experience delivering success in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, working cross-functionally with tech and non-tech teams.
- 2-4 years of SaaS / cloud-based product development experience either as a project manager, engineering lead or product manager capacity or can demonstrate alternative knowledge that has prepared you for this role. Experience in building technologies, Smart Buildings systems, proptech for commercial real estate, and/or electric utility software products is considered an asset.
- Bias-to-action and experience delivering products, features. This is a hands-on role that needs experience shipping product.
- Track record working with end users, customer service, and engineering to continually improve the quality and impact of your products.
- Familiarity with B2B sales and marketing with a track record of driving business results.
- Experience developing wireframes, design thinking, and collaborating with Product Design.
- The education. You have an undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar technical background.
- The drive and curiosity. You have a roll up your sleeves attitude and are motivated to solve problems and support team success. You are passionate about contributing to innovative solutions to climate change.
- The flexibility. You are flexible to adapt your activities as needed to support evolving team priorities in a rapidly changing business environment. You will be working out of multiple locations and remotely via web meetings, phone, and email. (Note: During COVID-19, on-site interactions will be minimized where possible, and office-based tasks performed remotely.)
- We are focused on solving problems that impact energy markets both locally and around the world. We are a growth-stage clean technology company that has partnered with major companies in real estate, electricity, and smart city spaces. Working with us is to work with an exciting company and be on the cutting edge of the global transition to distributed, clean, and carbon-free energy.
- Apply here or learn more about our company from our website or LinkedIn.
- Peak Power is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.