This job posting has expired
Location : Tamil Nadu
Headquarters : Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
- Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com .
- It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
- This role is Responsible for developing/programming a feature and or a small feature set for Wabtec’s IOT solution. Contributes to the team and works with direction from Senior Team Members or management and works independently
- Act as a member of the team, representing the face of high-quality design and development practices
- Collaborate with system engineers, frontend developers and software developers to implement solutions that are aligned with and extend shared platforms and solutions
- Writes codes that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
- Understand performance parameters and assess application performance
- Work on core data structures and algorithms and implement them using language of choice
- Demonstrate the ability to help team members through pair programming and code reviews.
- Demonstrates awareness about product positioning and differentiations.
- Evaluate basic technology choices and articulate tradeoffs
- Ability to break down problems and estimate time for development tasks
- Ability to make basic technology choices based on experience
- Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry
- BE/BTech/MTech in ECE /Computer Science /EEE /IT or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- 0 to 3 years of professional experience
- Experience in design & Development of data communication software
- Experience in programming with C++
- Experienced in networking stack, TCP, UDP, socket communications
- Experienced in unit and integration testing, test automation concepts and tools.
- Familiarity with Linux C++ build process (make/cmake, etc) and version control tools.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies such as Scrum
- Experience in any of the following skills will be an addon: git, gtest/gmock, Python, docker, GoLang
- Experience developing applications that get deployed onto cloud platform platforms preferably AWS
- AWS/Azure/GCP cloud architecting certifications would be preferred
- Proficiency with data mining, mathematics, and statistical analysis
- Good experience with R or Python
- Excellent skills in database tools and techniques - SQL and NoSQL
- Strong math skills (e.g. statistics, algebra)
- Experience with data visualization tools
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.