This job posting has expired
Location : Watertown, MA 02472
Headquarters : Richfield, Minnesota, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Manager
Experience : Mid Level
- We believe that our company’s success depends on the passion and creativity of our amazing employees. To create environments in which our people can fully thrive, we turn to our guiding behaviors: Be human. Make it real. Think about tomorrow. These set the tone for Best Buy, along with our Rallying Cry: Let’s talk about what’s possible. Our supportive leaders collaborate with their teams through ongoing feedback and two-way dialogue to maintain a culture continual learning. All these factors combine to create an unbeatable experience for both customers and employees. If you like to have fun while you work, build confidence and grow your career, you’ll fit right in.
- The mission of Best Buy is to enrich the lives of consumers through technology by addressing key human needs across a range of areas, including entertainment, productivity, communication, food, security, and health. At Best Buy Health, we are focused on creating innovative health and wellness technologies to support older adults and patients with chronic health conditions. We are an innovative and agile product development team who design, develop, and perform research supporting a range of products and services. Our solutions include wearable and IoT sensors to track activity, detect emergency events, and assess current and future physical and mental health of seniors.
- We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineering Manager to join our diverse team and lead development of cutting-edge software solutions to improve our applied research platform. In this role, your duties will include supervising junior software engineers, analyzing software performance, and managing the deployment and integration of new software. As the senior engineering manager of the team, you will play a critical role in shaping the product definition, developer tool space, and delivery of high-quality technical software solutions.
- Managing the development, system performance evaluation, integration, and deployment of software solutions.
- Supervise and mentor junior and mid-level software engineers and ensure they are active in their growth and development plans.
- Evaluate and recommend new software technologies (i.e., libraries, frameworks, services) that help development to stay abreast of industry trends and standards
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field OR equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- 1 year experience managing and leading engineering teams through setting and communicates clear expectations for team members
- 5 years of hands-on experience with a combination of:
- Mobile applications (Android), Bluetooth/BLE communication
- NoSQL database technologies (MongoDB, CouchDB)
- DevOps automation tools (GitHub Actions, Jenkins), software version control(git), containerization (Docker), and testing frameworks
- 7-8 years of relevant professional experience
- Familiarity with HIPAA compliance controls for PHI containing applications
- Familiarity with medical device design controls including ISO 13485 and 21 CFR 820 as well as FCC compliance