This job posting has expired
Manager, Software Development
Location : Mississauga, ON
Headquarters : Mississauga, ON L5N 8E9, Canada
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Manager
Experience : Mid Level
- At SOTI, we are committed to delivering best in class mobile and IoT device management solutions. We are looking for out of the box thinkers that appreciate the art of creating great software. To us, being visionary is more important than doing things the way they’ve always been done.
- The Development Manager is responsible for providing leadership and direction to SOTI’s product development department to develop products and drive innovation according to the business roadmaps. You will ensure that SOTI adheres to its technology strategies and processes and protects its intellectual property.
- The People - From our humble origins in our founder’s basement, to our industry leading position today, SOTI has worked hard to foster a company culture that we can all believe in. A culture that emphasizes personal growth, continuous innovation and fun.
- The Growth - Our environment fosters new ideas, fresh perspectives, and the ability to take them over the goal line. SOTI is a fast-paced environment with a global reach that encourages you to make your mark and be part of something big!
- The Technology - You’ll get the chance to work with leading edge technologies and take on complex and interesting projects as part of highly collaborative and agile teams. You will work alongside SOTI’s partners which include leading tech giants that will keep you on the cusp of emerging technologies.
- Take a holistic, long-term view and build the capability of the organization to build great products
- Help the teams and the ScrumMaster with removing obstacles, making improvements, and applying Scrum principles within the team
- Act as a coach for teams that are developing new solutions and technologies, by providing direction, encouragement, and technical expertise to the team
- Teach teams how to improve and solve problems
- Explore top-notch modern software development practices for the entire software development lifecycle and help introduce these to the team
- Support Product Owners and ScrumMaster in the execution of implementation plans and the creation of roadmaps
- Develop the technical capabilities of team members through on the job and external training
- Facilitate and encourage “best-practices” sharing throughout the organization
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related discipline
- Over 10 years of experience in Software Development, Design, and Testing with over 5 years in a leadership capacity
- Previous experience with early stage business-to-business software product development required.
- Ability to effectively promote teamwork and collaboration
- Demonstrated problem solving skills applied to people and technology
- Strong understanding of professional software development practices & best practices for the full software development lifecycle
- Experience practicing agile software development methodologies
- Ability to coach team members in technical skills and provide advice and assistance on project management, time management, coding, and testing
- Knowledge of commonly used development tools and technologies
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Analytical rigor and solid process management
- Very good communicator, both written and oral, to all levels and functions of the company
- Drive for excellence
- Experience leading mobile development teams on multiple platforms (Android, iOS, Windows Mobile, Windows CE)
- Servant Leadership who values the aspect of coaching, developing, and engaging technical talent
- Desire to groom and develop high potential talent into leadership roles within Product Development
- An ability to attract talent by leveraging your vast network and showcase SOTI at various recruitment events
- SOTI is the world's most trusted provider of mobile and IoT device management solutions, with more than 17,000 enterprise customers and millions of devices managed worldwide. SOTI's innovative portfolio of solutions and services provide the tools organizations need to truly mobilize their operations and optimize their mobility investments. SOTI extends secure mobility management to provide a total, flexible solution for comprehensive management and security of all mobile devices and connected peripherals deployed in an organization.
- At SOTI we celebrate the uniqueness of our global teams and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are curious problem solvers who are committed to making the best enterprise mobility and IoT device management solutions to the market. We offer careers with #EndlessPossibilities.
- What are you waiting for? Apply today: https://www.soti.net/careers
- If you want to bring your ideas to life, apply at SOTI today.
- We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the requirements under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify People & Culture at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Please note that SOTI does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with agency/recruiter, SOTI will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee.