This job posting has expired
Software Test Engineer (IOT / Product Creation Environment)
Location : Dartford DA2
Headquarters : Hawley Mill, Hawley Road, DA2 7SY Dartford Kent, United Kingdom
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Testing/QA Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
- Helvar is an international lighting technologies company specialising in intelligent and energy-saving lighting solutions. Intelligent lighting is essential to the wellbeing of employees, customers, visitors and patients, and it helps to achieve sustainability targets. Helvar lighting control solutions and luminaire components help to create smart environments built for the future, using information and working seamlessly with other systems. With projects spanning from hospitals, schools, workplaces to cruise ships and Istanbul’s 3rd new airport (the largest in the world), Helvar designs open and flexible solutions for lighting across a range of applications. With 99 years of expertise, Helvar serves its customers locally with offices in Finland, UK and Sweden and via their global network of partners in over 50 countries.
- Helvar - Software Test Engineer (IOT / Product Creation Environment)
- This is an opportunity to join our team as a Software Test Engineer with an international company that is at the forefront of lighting controls technology innovation. You will be working in product development projects by designing and executing test cases for solutions made of a combination of hardware and software products. In doing so you will be contributing towards the improvement of testing capabilities and increase the automatization level in unit and system testing at Helvar.
- You have interest in test automation and controlled embedded systems. You understand both software and electronics and are comfortable with electrical measurement devices.
- Your key accountability is to carry out white box testing embedded in a development team and automating test scenarios using the test automation framework to be reused at system testing level. You will be setting up the infrastructure to run tests with appropriate test data, carry out feature testing activities during sprints and produce test reports for management review and approval.
- You will accomplish this by working inside a development team made of HW engineers, SW engineers, product managers and UX designers. In this role you will have the opportunity to enhance and grow the testing culture and processes, as well as participating in system testing and customer pilot projects. Your daily tasks will include elements of the following:
- Implementing tests and test automation according to business requirements, development epics and test plans
- Creation of bespoke test environments using a combination of hardware and software
- Contributing to the overall verification and validation of the system, and identification of gaps including documentation
- Understanding system level behaviour and ensuring this is fully verified and documented
- Supporting your team colleagues to maintain and improve quality
- Reporting to the Operational Excellence Lead and in matrix to the Solution Product Owner
- Be a contributor to the quality of Helvar products and processes
- To succeed in this role, you should demonstrate at least some of the following competences:
- Experience in a systems test role with a practical knowledge of testing end to end systems incorporating software and electronics
- Experience of working in an agile development team to support and improve testing and quality on an ongoing basis
- Experience of test automation frameworks
- Knowledge of a programming language such as C++, Java, Node.js, Python etc
- Experience of working with test management software such as Xray for Jira
- Experience of delivering IoT products to market
- An inquisitive nature, high attention to detail and excellent communication skills
- A good work ethic and an eagerness to learn. Tolerance towards ambiguity
- We encourage innovation and creativity
- We give our employees freedom
- We have a welcoming and friendly environment
- Your wellbeing is important to us
- Ensuring a healthy work-life balance
- We have a key focus on Sustainability
- A degree in a technical/scientific discipline or significant experience in a similar role
- Our mission in Product Creation in Lighting Intelligence is to be a forerunner in lighting industry and we are constantly enhancing our capabilities in designing. Operational Excellence will contribute with thought leadership, teamwork and problem solving that results in continuous improvement throughout the organization by focusing on the needs of the customer, discipline in execution, and streamlining existing activities in the process to create value.
- Apply to join our team of talented and innovative experts!
- If you’d like to be a part of the Helvar family, please apply for this vacancy via our Helvar Careers site at helvar.com/careers/.
- For additional information on the role, please contact our Talent Acquisition Partner, Ben Fryer email@example.com who will get in touch with you shortly.