This job posting has expired
Industry Lead Architect
Location : Boston, East Anglia, GB-United Kingdom
Headquarters : Bezons, France
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Architect
Experience : Mid Level
- Atos is a global leader in digital transformation with over 110,000 employees in 73 countries and annual revenue of over € 11 billion. European number one in Cloud, Cybersecurity and High-Performance Computing, the Group provides end-to-end Orchestrated Hybrid Cloud, Big Data, Business Applications and Digital Workplace solutions. The group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and operates under the brands Atos, Atos Syntel, and Unify. Atos is a SE (Societas Europaea), listed on the CAC40 Paris stock index.
- The purpose of Atos is to help design the future of the information technology space. Its expertise and services support the development of knowledge, education as well as multicultural and pluralistic approaches to research that contribute to scientific and technological excellence. Across the world, the group enables its customers, employees and collaborators, and members of societies at large to live, work and develop sustainably and confidently in the information technology space.
- An Industry Lead Architect to join our Platform and Application Architecture Practice, with Enterprise Architecture, IT Strategy and Transformation skills and experience. We work with a variety of technology platforms including Cloud services (AWS, Azure, Google, IaaS, PaaS etc.) IoT, Blockchain and AI. Proven experience in one or more platforms is required.
- The variety of clients we work with is diverse – covering small to medium sized enterprises to large public sector departments and public listed household names. Example activities include delivering major transformation programmes based on our values propositions including Digital Workplace and Cloud transformation. In addition, we engage on more consultative pieces of work such as assessing clients existing IT estate and advising how best to transform and adopt disruptive technologies, running proof of concept/proof of value exercises as well as producing IT strategies and undertaking a maturity assessment based on the current and future architecture and operating model.
- As an Industry Lead Architect, you will: lead engagements which can be either advisory or solution delivery in nature; be the solution lead for bid and business development; lead the development of a value proposition for the practice; and provide line management and team leadership within the practice.
- Lead workshops and interviews with key clients to understand the customer’s business and IT requirements and the related system landscape and operating model.
- To build system and solution architectures that meet the customer requirements and are compliant with Enterprise Architecture principles
- To develop solution architectures which have a wider appreciation and coherence with both security & service architecture and cost or commercial constraints/requirements
- To consult with customers to understand their concerns and develop hypothesis based findings that can be customer tested and produce recommendations and benefits and delivery plan on a page.
- Experience defining and integrating digital solutions into an organization’s strategy and vision
- To prepare and lead (as vital or as part of a team) customer presentations outlining recommended solution architectures and benefits
- To work within the P&AA practice to contribute to and develop thought leadership around architecture and solution offerings and contribute to related value propositions
- Assist with or technically lead the preparation of bid responses to RFPs and to develop the solutions based on case studies or experience along with a delivery plan and associated assumptions and risks
- Financial and Engagement Management
- People management including team leadership and staff development
- To be successful in this role, you’ll need a rich combination of experience, proven skills and personal attributes. See below to find out if you’re the person we’re looking for.
- All successful candidates will be able to demonstrate leadership, excellent problem solving and analytical skills, with a good understanding of Cloud technology skills.
- A good understanding of, or certification in, TOGAF (or equivalent framework) and how it is applied to the customer landscape and how it is used to derive the designs and solutions that we offer our clients.
- An appreciation of web-based applications and understanding of the importance of Data and Security architecture and how they apply to customer solutions would be advantageous. A good understanding of the concepts of Agile and how to deliver projects within an Agile related delivery framework.
- An appreciation of programme and project management approaches and methods including both waterfall and agile, ideally experience with Prince and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
- Client facing workshop facilitation experience and strong presentation skills are also required.
- Overview knowledge of Application and Cloud technologies and ability to learn new technologies
- A willingness to be deployed to client sites and work flexibly as vital to meet the client needs
- Financial and Engagement Management skills to lead a team of delivery consultants
- Financial and Engagement Management skills to support the development of client business cases
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to lead and run a workshop to document customer requirements
- Stakeholder interview skills
- Report writing and presentation skills
- Experience in Architecture modelling tools
- As a Principal Architect you would be encouraged to have a wide base of technical knowledge and understanding with specialities relevant to today’s IT landscape. This could include specialist knowledge in areas such as:
- Certification in one or more Cloud technologies
- Understanding of application hosting deployment approaches:
- IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, containers, microservices
- Certification in Togaf or equivalent framework
- Understanding of Agile methodologies and DevOps adoption
- Appreciation of Security architecture
- Appreciation of high level Network architecture in on prem and cloud deployments
- IOT / Blockchain
- Understanding of business case development
- Good knowledge of the basics of Project and Risk Management
- Understanding of current application development approaches and toolsets
- Insight into market and industry trends, and their impact on customer solutions
- Service design and the fundamentals of ITIL including change management
- UK Business Consulting supports clients UK wide and occasionally works with other GBUs to support international clients. Candidates need to be fully flexible to operate from client sites as and when needed. Delivering work but recent experience would suggest that on average 2-3 days per week on site would be normal, the balance from any Atos site or from home.
- As a part of our team, you can also expect a phenomenal range of benefits. These include: a rewarding salary, 25 days’ annual leave, private medical insurance, an attractive stakeholder pension scheme plus many more. We also operate a flexible benefits scheme, allowing you to purchase discounted products and services.
- What’s more, we really value your progress and it’s a top priority to engage, inspire and develop you to help you improve your potential. In fact, we have comprehensive training and development programmes in place demonstrating our commitment to developing your career.
- You can look forward to joining a global powerhouse in digital transformation. We have 120,000 employees in 73 countries and an annual revenue of €13 billion. We are also number one in Europe regarding Cloud, Cybersecurity and High-Performance Computing, providing end-to-end Orchestrated Hybrid Cloud, Big Data, Business applications and Digital Workplace solutions through our Digital Transformation Factory. Additionally, we provide transactional services through Worldline, Europe’s leader in the payment industry. Our group is also the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic and Paralympic Games and operate under the brands Atos, Atos Syntel, Unify and Worldline.
- Confident this sounds like you? Please click below to complete our online application form and attach your CV in either Word, rtf or text format.
- Here at Atos, we want all our employees to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be themselves at work. Our employee lifecycle processes are crafted to prevent discrimination against our people regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them outstanding. Across the globe, we have crafted a variety of programs to embed our Atos culture of inclusivity and work hard to ensure that all of our employees have an equal opportunity to contribute and feel that they are exactly where they belong
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.