This job posting has expired
IOT Solutions Lead
Location : Melbourne VIC
Headquarters : Richmond, Canada
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
- Sierra Wireless (NASDAQ: SWIR) (TSX: SW) is an IoT pioneer, empowering businesses and industries to transform and thrive in the connected economy. We are a growing organization with a clear vision for being the IoT partner of choice for wireless device-to-cloud solutions. Our values of Innovation, Execution and Trust are the guiding principles in everything we do. Sierra Wireless has over 1,100 employees globally and operates in North America, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit www.sierrawireless.com.
- Our Commitment to Inclusion, Equity and Diversity
- At Sierra Wireless diversity is valued and celebrated. We strive to foster an inclusive organization. As a proud equal opportunity employer, we welcome people of every race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status to grow their careers here.
- The IOT Solutions Lead (Senior Engineering Technologist) will be part of our engineering team, contributing to managing and delivering (individually or through a team) multiple services that are customer or internal facing. This will involve sales support, effort estimation leading to a quote, delivery management, project management, technical consulting, implementing, integrating, testing, performing around-the-box services and supporting our portfolio of hardware and software products to meet customer needs.
- The IOT Solutions Lead (Senior Engineering Technologist), needs to design, integrate and validate wireless network solutions (including cellular, LoRaWAN, satellite, bluetooth, WiFi) for machine-to-machine communications. If assigned as a Project Lead, the incumbent will be able to engage with customers and support sales, estimate efforts and schedule required to deliver projects, plan and manage projects (individually or through a team. The incumbent will possess an in depth understanding of edge devices (including gateways, routers and sensors), good programming skills and a strong understanding of methodologies used to deliver projects, support and managed services. In addition to a solid technical background, attention to detail, good presentation skills, technical writing and troubleshooting abilities are critical skills for this role.
- Involvement in delivering one or more of the external and internal facing offered by M2M Connectivity or M2M One – Professional Services
- Device staging / commissioning services delivery,
- RCM, RMA, IPX related service
- Hardware support
- Managed support services
- Billing Systems
- Regulatory compliance initiatives
- End-of-life management initiatives for product/services
- Intellectual property development and maintenance
- Research and learn new technologies and products to help future proof our business
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics, Telecommunications, Networking or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in the IoT/communication networks industry in a technical position. Customer facing experience is desirable.
- Proven experience in integration of industrial and environmental sensors, including those used in applications for environmental, agriculture, and water monitoring.
- Experience with programming Python is essential. Experience with C/C++ or similar languages, embedded systems to provide custom solutions is desirable.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting and IP networking experience, including providing remote troubleshooting assistance.
- Must be a team player; resourceful; with problem-solving aptitude; Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Our people are friendly, collaborative, and like to share their ideas and knowledge with one another. This creates an amazing environment where we learn from each other and innovate together.
- Our benefits include 5-day work week, group medical insurance to employee and family, life insurance, health check, annual leave and additional pension contribution from company.
- We also host various social and cultural events throughout the year where we come together to have fun and celebrate. Within our Global Inclusion and Diversity Program, our Employee Resource Groups provide opportunities for our people to support and champion Women in Tech, Pride at Sierra, and Mental Health Awareness.
- If you like working with a successful team, are looking for competitive salary and benefits, and the opportunity to represent a recognized and innovative brand, we’d love to have you join our team!
- Please submit your resume online through our careers website: www.iotstartswithus.com. If you are a job seeker with a disability and you need individualized support during the application or interview process, please leave us a note on your application form.
- We thank you for your application and appreciate your interest in Sierra Wireless, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.