This job posting has expired
Cloud Applications Consultant
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : Waterloo, Canada
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Consultant
Experience : Mid Level
- An OpenText Cloud Operations Consultant is responsible for the technical delivery of the OpenText Product based solutions. Such delivery activities encompass the design, development, deployment, testing and documentation of specific software components – either providing extensions to specific items of core product functionality or implementing specific system integration components. This role has a heavy deployment and administration emphasis, combined with the consultative skills required to promote the impression of quality and excellence actively fostered within the Professional Services team.
- Engagements may vary from managing multiple short and relatively fast paced engagements, to larger projects depending upon levels of experience. The nature of work may include full application lifecycle activities right from development, deployment/provisioning, testing, migration, decommissioning and ongoing run & maintain (upgrades, patching etc.) of the cloud deployments.
- The role is customer facing and requires excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate to a wide range of stake holders (internally and externally), both verbally and in writing.
- Participate and contribute to technical design & deployment activities. Participate in the day to day administration of the systems, including Incident & Problem Management Participate in planning and execution of new implementations, upgrades and patching activities. Participate in the advanced configuration of OpenText software components, in line with project and customer time scales. To co-ordinate project delivery through multiple teams that may include 3rd party suppliers, partners and client resources. Actively contribute in automating provisioning, patching and upgrade activities where possible to achieve operational efficiencies. Actively seek new opportunities by working with the customer and the change control provisions provided by the contract, to extend the scope of profitable business. Operate, manage, and administer production applications on UNIX and Windows based servers and services according to policies and best practices. Respond to and troubleshoot alerts from monitoring of applications, servers, and devices sufficient to meet service level agreements Collaborating on cross-team and cross-product technical issues with a variety of resources including Product support, IT, and Professional Services.
- BE/B. Tech. or equivalent technical qualification Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience Well versed with deployment, administration and troubleshooting of the OpenText Products Like Content Suit Platform and surrounding components (Content Server, xECM, Brava, OTDS, Search & Indexing).
- Experience delivering service using ITIL methodology
- Knowledge of Windows, UNIX, and Application administration skills in a TCP/IP networked environment.
- Familiarity with configuration and management of web/application servers (IIS, Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, etc.).
- Experience with scripting (Shell, Python etc.,)
- Strong understanding of cloud native and container based distributed systems like Kubernetes
- At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. We draw on our diversity and collective genius as we continue to shape a better future for our customers and be the Best Place to Work for our employees- nothing is off the table at OpenText.
- OpenText Site Cloud Application Engineering is a rapidly growing group within the organization. We are in the process of building our teams, tools and systems as part of IOT/IDM teams’ mission to build the best Cloud services in the world.
- We enable this team to go fast by providing real time feedback on production systems. We work side by side with the product family and platform developers to maintain and improve services and performance. We live the company values with a strong customer focus and possess a healthy sense of urgency. We are a heavily data driven team, utilizing a variety of data collection, enrichment, analytics and visualizations to learn about our complex systems. We also live the 'Play, as a team' value by having a strong focus on sharing learning experiences from the front line with the development teams.