This job posting has expired
Senior Digital Innovation Engineer – Back End Developer
Location : Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Headquarters : Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Senior Level
- Buckman is a privately held, global specialty chemical company with headquarters in Memphis, TN, USA, committed to safeguarding the environment, maintaining safety in the workplace, and promoting sustainable development. Buckman delivers exceptional service and innovative solutions to our customers globally in the pulp and paper, leather, and water treatment sectors to help boost productivity, reduce risk, improve product quality, and provide a measurable return on investment. Buckman is in the middle of a digital transformation of its businesses and focused on building the capabilities and tools in support of this.
- We're currently seeking a passionate, enthusiastic, and inspired technologist for the role of Senior Backend developer for our Chennai team. As the Senior Backend developer, you will serve as a technical leader for your team. You will collaborate with technical and product leadership across the enterprise to recommend, build, own and manage the solution for our Industrial IoT products. You have deep technical skills and aptitude to build products and solutions from scratch. You will help establish best practices, coding standards and will enforce design patterns to build sustainable products. This role facilitates the implementation, testing, and maintenance of new products by developing .Net and Java APIs. You will actively mentor your team members.
- The ideal candidate will have 5+ years software development and implementation experience. The candidate must be capable of ensuring the team adheres to traditional and Agile software development methodologies, practices, and guidelines.
- Design, develop, document, test, and debug new and existing software systems and/or applications for large-scale proprietary software.
- Participate in full development life cycle including requirements analysis and design
- Create RESTFUL services using WebAPIs with Asp.Net Core
- Competencies Needed for Success
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer engineering or related field
- 7-10 years’ maximum of .Net experience
- Minimum of 3 years solely focused on Backend
- Expertise with Entity Framework Core 2.2+
- Demonstrated expertise in C# .NET Core 2.2+
- Extensive experience with WEB API, Azure, Microservices Architecture
- Strong experience with Domain Driven Design and Test-Driven Development
- Expertise with Event Driven Architecture
- Extensive experience with Logging tech such as NLog
- Expert Level at Centralized caching tech such as Redis Cache
- Demonstrated expertise with Windows and IIS
- Proficient MS-SQL 2012+, Indexes, T-SQL, Stored Procedures, etc.
- Proficient in Git commands or tools
- Able to design basic Flowchart, UML Use Case, UML Sequence, UML Class, etc.
- Master’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or related engineering/technical field
- 2+ years of .Net core experience.
- Strong problem solving, debugging and solutions design and implementation experience.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time by managing priorities and project timelines.
- Passion to learn new tools, technologies and practices.
- Exceptional self-direction and project management skills
- Be a self-starter comfortable working in a fast-paced, startup environment.