This job posting has expired
Location : Leeds
Headquarters : Leeds, England
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
- Technology is a cornerstone for Yorkshire Housing’s ambitions to become the most innovative housing organisation in the country. The Innovation Analyst will help to shape the future technology direction by implementing the solutions we need to achieve our long term aims.
- You'll inspire and support the business in creating and maintaining a culture of innovation, and provide technical expertise to help develop our services, improve our performance and achieve our ambitious targets. An appetite for risk and an understanding that failure is a part of innovation is crucial, and a good understanding of the Internet of Things (IoT) and Smart Home technology will be an advantage.
- You might think of Yorkshire Housing as ‘just’ a housing provider, but we’re so much more than that. Yes, we own and manage nearly 20,000 homes (and counting) across Yorkshire and make it possible for current and future customers to have a place they’re proud to call home, but we’re also all about making a positive difference in people’s lives. Whether that’s helping people get on the property ladder, supporting with money coaching or enabling our older customers to continue to live independently. And to do that, we need to recruit and keep the very best people.
- As an Innovation Analyst, you'll work closely with your team and with colleagues across the business to understand specific business needs, identify potential solutions and implement a wide range of technologies that improve our customer experience and business processes.
- Delivering an internal consultancy service providing technical expertise
- Identifying opportunities to improve services and processes
- Researching best practice and innovative approaches within the housing sector and beyond
- Good understanding of emerging technologies to ensure that Yorkshire Housing implementations reflect current thinking and good practice, and set us up for success
- Networking with technology providers, academics and other housing providers to help Yorkshire Housing become a leader in Smart Home technology within the housing sector
- Working with the business-as-usual teams to embed new ways of working
- Demonstrates a passion for technology and innovation
- Excellent understanding of a wide range of business technologies, data management systems and processes particularly within the Microsoft stack
- Knowledge of trends in IoT and Smart Home technology
- Ability to work with business users to draw out requirements and map out as-is, and to-be processes
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills
- Being familiar with cloud computing services will be an advantage. This might mean you have a background in IT support or implementation.
- In return we offer £36,776 for a 35-hour week, 25 days annual leave (raising annually to 30 days) plus Bank Holidays. We also have a flexible working culture, as long as these fit in around the needs of your role. So you don’t need to take a day off to do that parent child reading class or take your pet to the vets! Just talk it over with your manager, to make sure it fits in around what you need to do and meet business needs.
- We also provide a fantastic reward package to suit everyone –a variety of amazing discounts via PerkBox, a great Healthcare cash plan called HealthShield and a contributory pension scheme where we will match your contributions up to 9%! As well as our great benefits and a fantastic work environment, we’re absolutely a company that cares about its employees and its customers.
- If you are applying for this role internally you must inform your current line manager
- The closing date for this advert will be Tuesday 9 November and interviews will begin shortly after. If a competitive candidate pool is identified, we reserve the right to close the role early so please apply asap!
- Full requirements are included on the attached role profile